Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken and Potatoes is a savory dish that is perfect for dinner any night of the week.
Lemon, thyme, garlic and butter blend together to create a savory mouth-watering dish of roasted chicken and potatoes. This roasted chicken dish is simple to make and can be prepped a day ahead, then popped in the oven to bake before serving, which makes it perfect for any night of the week.
Serve this Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken and Potatoes alongside Garlic Lemon Green Beans or a colorful tossed salad for a complete meal that will satisfy everyone.
More delicious roasted chicken recipes:
- Easy Orange Baked Chicken Recipe
- Beer Braised Chicken Recipe
- Coconut Milk Baked Chicken Recipe
- Greek Roasted Chicken
(Shown is one of my favorite pans, a cast-iron Le Creuset Braiser. It’s perfect for roasting or braising chicken or making large savory pies, sweet pies or cobblers.
Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
A savory satisfying dish of roasted chicken and potatoes flavored with lemon, garlic and thyme.
- 2 lemons, zested then sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds small potatoes, halved
- 1 whole chicken
- additional salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine zest of lemons, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and melted butter until smooth.
- In a roasting pan or braising pan, toss to coat halved potatoes with olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest/butter mixture and lemon slices.
- Situate chicken in pan amongst potatoes. Loosen skin on breast and legs of chicken. Rub lemon zest/butter mixture under skin and on outside of bird to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered at 425-degrees F for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 375-degrees F and bake for another 40 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into inner thigh reads between 160-165-degrees F.. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before cutting apart.