Perfect Deviled Eggs Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Deviled Eggs are one of my favorites foods to enjoy all year long. This simple but delicious appetizer is one of the best ways to use leftover hard-boiled eggs. A classic recipe makes the perfect little bite to add to any meal, party spread, family gatherings, picnics, and buffets.
I love Deviled Eggs. I always have. If you like Deviled Eggs as much as I do, you know how difficult it is to try to eat just one. Usually, we only enjoy them around the holidays or for special occasions, in which case, I can’t dump several dozen on my plate and find a hiding place to eat them in secret. That would not be in the holiday spirit! No, not one bit. But don’t think it hasn’t crossed my mind on more than one occasion.
Deviled Eggs do seem to be the first thing that disappears on a dinner buffet. Just like that! Thankfully they are so very easy to make. Dozens of these savory bites can be made with basic ingredients and ready to please Deviled Egg lovers all over the world in relatively no time. Boiling the eggs takes the most time. Once they are boiled and peeled, whipping up the filling is super easy to make, and then it’s all about filling each one.
This is a great recipe, especially for beginners that want to experiment in the kitchen. The directions are so easy to follow, and there is little room for mistakes here. Plus, if it’s Easter, we usually have many extra hard-boiled eggs on hand that we can use to make this delicious deviled eggs recipe.
How to make deviled eggs?
The only ingredients you’ll need to make deviled eggs are hard-boiled eggs, mayo, mustard, and a few ground spices to make this deviled eggs recipe. Once you gather all the ingredients, the recipe is so easy to make. And once you have some hard-boiled eggs peeled and cut in half, it will only take you about 10 minutes to put everything together.
- Once you have your hard-boiled eggs, slice those in half lengthwise and remove the yolks from them.
- Add the yolks to a large bowl and mash them with a fork until creamy. Then add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt black pepper, and paprika. Keep mixing until the batter is smooth.
- Add the mixture in a piping bag and fill each egg white with an equal amount of the mixture.
- Sprinkle some diced dill on top and enjoy!
Tips and Recipe Notes:
- The recipe shared below is a classic Deviled Eggs combination, and it is certainly a keeper. There are also a wide variety of different adaptations of this classic recipe with different toppings, or add-ins, so if you’re feeling creative try a few of these out:
- Toppings: cayenne pepper, chili flakes, ground paprika, crunchy cut bacon crumbles, feta cheese, parsley, spring onions or chives
- Add-ins: sriracha or other hot sauce, ripe mashed avocado, pickle relish, wasabi
- You can find tips for cooking hard-boiled eggs all over the place, but the Incredible Edible Egg folks have super advice on the subject.
Make ahead and storage for Deviled Eggs:
Deviled Eggs can be prepared a day or two ahead of time. There are a few different ways to do this, but an important thing to remember is that they need to be refrigerated until you are ready to serve them.
- The easiest way would be prepare the eggs according to the recipe directions, then cover the eggs with plastic wrap and refrigerate them. This way, the eggs can stay fresh for up to 1-2 days. The plastic wrap is a crucial step here, so the yolk mixture doesn’t create a skin on the top. Again, refrigerating the deviled eggs is a must here.
- Another way would be keeping the yolk mixture refrigerated in a separate bowl, covered tightly with plastic wrap. Cover the halved egg whites separately and refrigerate. Then fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture just before serving.
- And lastly, you can boil the eggs, leave them like that or go ahead and peel them and store them in the refrigerator. Once you are ready to finish the recipe, it will only take you about 10 minutes.
If you liked this deviled eggs recipe, you’ll also enjoy:
- Fried Pickles
- Spicy Cheese Straws
- Cheese Crackers with Pecans
- Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits
- Coq Au Vin Recipe
Perfect Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dill for garnish
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika and mix until smooth.
- Fill each egg white half with equal amounts of yolk mixture.
- Garnish each egg with a sprinkling of dill. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.