Lemonade Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
This Lemonade Rice Krispies Treats Recipe is a lovely twist on traditional Rice Krispies treats. They are perfect for spring and summer, and couldn’t be easier to make.
When the weather warms up we all start thinking of pool parties, campfires, picnics, long strolls on the beach, fishing, and catching fireflies. These treats are the perfect treat for warmer weather celebrations or snack times.
This Lemonade Rice Krispies Treats Recipe is a tasty twist on the classic Rice Krispies Treats recipe we’ve all enjoyed over the years with the addition of white chocolate chips and fresh lemon zest. It’s hard to beat a sweet crunchy Rice Krispies treat. Over the years they’ve been one of our kid’s favorite sweet snack.
Be sure to check out how to take this Rice Krispies Treats Recipe or other Rice Krispies treats recipes and turn them into fun Easter Chick Rice Krispies Treats, sitting atop a Rice Krispies treats nest.
Aren’t they so cute!
A few other fun Rice Krispies Treats to make with the kids:
- Halloween Rice Krispies Treats
- Fruity Rice Krispies Kebabs
- Peppermint Rice Krispies Treats Snowballs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies®
- ½ cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest, not compressed (about 2 large lemons)
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir white chocolate chips and lemon zest into marshmallow mixture. Add in Rice Krispies® cereal and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spray a 13x9-inch pan or cookie sheet and a spatula with non-stick cooking spray. Pour Lemonade Rice Krispies® mixture into pan and spread with spatula. Cool completely.
Originally posted June 23, 2011. Updated April 2, 2015.
This post was sponsored by The Motherhood and Rice Krispies® in June 2011.