Halloween Rice Krispies Treats
These apple-spiced Halloween Rice Krispies Treats are the perfect sweet monsters for the kids and especially for school parties.
Here’s a fun and easy party idea for a children’s Halloween party. How about a Make Your Own Monster Rice Krispies Treats party? It’s sure to be the highlight of your Halloween celebrations. These little tasty monsters are easy enough for the kids to decorate and then devour! It’s a fun and colorful edible craft for sure.
These Halloween Rice Krispies Treats couldn’t be easier to make. Begin by preparing a batch of apple-spiced Rice Krispies Treats. The addition of apple spice in the basic Rice Krispies Treats makes these perfect for Fall treats.
Party monsters were made with an assortment of cookie cutter shapes. A gingerbread man cookie cutter was used for a full-size monster, a skull cookie cutter for Frankenstein’s Bride, and basic cut squares for Frankenstein himself as well as a few of his closest monster-y friends! Leaf and pumpkin shaped treats would be a great addition too!
- 3 Tb. butter
- 4 cups (10 oz.) mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- decorator frosting, various colors
- assorted candies
- Spray a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows over medium heat. Once melted add apple pie spice and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the Rice Krispies. Stir until coated.
- Spoon the Rice Krispies mixture into the prepared pan. Press firmly with wax paper.
- Once cooled, use cookie cutters to cut the Rice Krispies Treats into desired shapes.
- Decorate Rice Krispies treats with decorator frosting and assorted candies to make your own monster.
Originally posted October 3, 2011. Updated October 14, 2015.
Originally shared as a sponsored post as part of a challenge for Rice Krispies, along with Sommer of A Spicy Perspective, Robyn of Add a Pinch, and Julie of Mommie Cooks, and moi.