Everything Cookie Recipe in a Jar with Free Printables
Everything Cookie Recipe in a jar are a great way to say thank you any time of the year or to give as gifts during the holiday season. The Everything Cookie Recipe and additional gift tags are available as a free pdf to download right here! See below for all of the details.
A few years ago I gathered together some ingredients and a few friends to assemble a bunch of cookie recipes in jars. It was a fun time to get together and visit while we were making the edible gifts to share as a thank you gift with secretaries, librarians and teachers at the local school, the fire department, and anyone else we could think of who we were grateful to and could use a little sweet treats in their lives. They were delivered at a random time of they year, early October, before the hustle and bustle of the holidays hit. I think they were all surprised to receive a special gift out of the blue, and I know we all enjoyed putting these easy gifts together!
Edible gifts, like these cookies in a jar or Homemade Vanilla Extract from TidyMom, are great for sharing throughout the year as a sweet thank you or as a super gift for teachers or neighbors during the holidays. They are very easy to put together. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1-quart wide mouth jars with lids
- recipe ingredients (factor enough for the number of jars you want to assemble)
- card stock paper
- recipe card art (free downloadable pdf below)
- gift tag art (free downloadable pdf below)
- scissors or paper cutter
- hole punch
- ribbon to attach recipe cards and gift tags to jars
And here’s what you do:
- Layer cookie ingredients in clean, dry jars. The attached recipe fits very snuggle in quart size jars so you may need to tamp the ingredients down as you go so they will all fit. I used a small flat bottom glass to gently tap as needed.
- Once ingredients are layered, close jars tightly with lids.
- Print our recipe cards and tags, cut apart, punch holes in each, attach cards to jars with ribbon.
- Deliver with a smiling face!
So round up some friends, and supplies and have a cookies in a jar making party real soon! It’s like a two-fer. You get to hang out with your buddies and make something special for someone else at the same time.
Below are the cookie recipe cards, plus three options for the gift tags: “Thank you for all that you do,” “Happy baking!,” plus a blank one for you to write your own message if needed.
Just click directly on image you’d like to download and follow the instructions.
Please let me know if you have trouble downloading the file. Sometimes the internets can act wonky.