Easy Roasted Fruit Recipe
This easy Roasted Fruit Recipe is the perfect tasty dessert or snack served alone or as an addition to cake or ice cream.
At the peak of summer, fresh fruit is bountiful. I can hardly pass through the produce section of any grocery store without picking up a few handles of something, especially ripe peaches and blueberries. I love the combination of the two. Not only in flavor, but the complimentary colors of orange next to the deep indigo blue violet are gorgeous … so very lovely indeed!
Fresh fruit is such a treat to enjoy, especially for a snack or at dessert time. One of my favorite ways to prepare fresh fruit is by roasting it along with a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar, then enjoyed warm all by itself or served over greek yogurt, ice cream or pound cake, or eaten alone with maybe a dollop of whipped cream. It is so simple, but boy is it ever so delicious! Not only is it delicious, but roasting (baking) deepens the flavors of fruits and vegetables, not to mention the added perk of wonderful aromas wafting throughout your home too. A much better fragrance than any air freshener you can buy, that’s for sure.
As I mentioned before, served warm, roasted fruit is absolutely stupendous alone or as a compliment to yogurt, ice cream, pound cake or other desserts. It will be gobbled up in no time, I assure you! But if you do happen to have leftovers, cover them and keep them refrigerated to use in smoothies, oatmeal, or greek yogurt. Warm or cold, roasted fruit is a mighty tasty treat.
Roasted Fruit Notes:
- Use the proportions below as a guide. If you have more of one thing than the other, no worries! Use what you have. The amounts really come down to what size baking dish you are using. Make sure the sides are tall enough to account for the bubbling fruit.
- If fresh fruit is not available, use frozen that has been thawed to room temperature. Adjust cook times to account for extra water.
- 4 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spread sliced peaches and blueberries in baking dish. Sprinkled with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Bake at 350-degrees F for about 20 minutes, then adjust oven settings to a low broil and broil for about 5 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve warm, or let cool, cover and refrigerate.