Easy Pickled Peppers Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Easy Pickled Peppers are a colorful and tasty addition to sandwiches, wraps, tossed salads and pasta dishes.
Not only are these pickled peppers easy, but they sure do smell fabulous when cooking. How a few basic ingredients simmering in a pot can create such an appetite inducing aroma always surprises me. Vinegar, onions, garlic, peppers, and olives are nothing fancy, but when combined together, plus a little heat, they create an amazing aroma that will bring all the people to the kitchen. Everyone who walked in (even our usually picky eater of a son) inquired of what was cooking. These Easy Pickled Peppers are a bright pot of goodness is what it is!
These Easy Pickled Peppers are super simple to prepare. Begin with small peppers. I like to use the colorful mini sweet peppers that are available at most grocers. Slice a small onion and peel a few garlic cloves. Add the peppers, onion and garlic cloves to a sauce pan along with some pitted olives, olive oil, vinegar, and salt. Simmer until tender. Stir in the fresh orange and lemon juice. Cover and let cool. Once cool, refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Keep peppers refrigerated in airtight containers until they are all gone! And they will be gone in no time!
These Easy Pickled Peppers are the perfectly pickled peppers for adding a bit of crunch and extra flavor to many dishes or enjoy them as a snack! And don’t forget that they’re so easy to make!
Try these pickled peppers with these delicious dishes:
- Spinach Pasta with Olives, Basil, Garlic and Lime
- Southwestern Black Bean Pasta Salad Recipe
- Roasted Vegetable Orzo Salad Recipe
Easy Pickled Peppers Recipe
Easy Pickled Peppers
An easy recipe for making a small batch of pickled peppers for adding to salads, sandwiches and pasta dishes.
- 8 ounces mini sweet peppers
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion (about 1/2 of a small onion)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Add peppers, onion, garlic cloves, olives, olive oil, vinegar, and salt to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in orange juice and lemon juice. Cover and let totally cool. Transfer to airtight container(s) and place in refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Sounds delicious! I love sweet peppers anyway. This will be a new way to enjoy them.
Can you “can” this in sterile jars and store in pantry until later use is needed?
I think you should be able to, but I have not canned these for long-term storage yet. Be sure to always follow proper canning methods and recommendations for safety.