Broccoli Slaw Recipe
This crunchy savory Broccoli Slaw Recipe with ginger and toasted almonds, and just a bit of sweetness, is a tasty addition to any meal, and oh so easy to prepare!
Family and church potlucks always bring about an array of dishes. There always seems to be those certain dishes that show up every single time. And I do like that. Those dishes are the ones that I look forward to the most. Funny thing is that they are all side dishes. It’s all about the side dishes, people. Whether it is green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, pasta salad or broccoli salad, I never tire of them. Never.
This Broccoli Slaw is one of those side dishes that has quickly become a regular attendee at any potluck or cookout. There’s a good reason for that. It’s savory and crunchy and pretty nutritious too! And side dish making doesn’t get much easier than this recipe either. It’s super easy. Tasty and easy? That’s a good combo any day.
As I mentioned (over and over again) this Broccoli Slaw is such an easy side dish to prepare and can be put together a day ahead of time. Quickly whisk the dressing together, add the remaining ingredients, and toss to coat. That’s it! So if you have a potluck dinner, picnic, cookout or are just in the mood for a tasty crunchy side Broccoli Slaw would be perfect!
Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups (about 24 oz) broccoli slaw* (shredded broccoli stems)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- optional garnish- chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the mayonnaise, ginger, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper until smooth.
- Add the broccoli, shredded carrots and purple cabbage, red onion, and toasted almonds. Toss to coat. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve (up to a day).
- Optional: garnish with chopped fresh cilantro or parsley.
*Pre-shredded broccoli slaw is available at many grocers. If you use it, and it includes carrots and purple cabbage you may delete the shredded carrots and purple cabbage from the ingredient list.