Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
An easy Chicken Parmesan recipe that will become your regular go-to for this classic favorite.
Chicken Parmesan, otherwise known as Chicken parmigiana, is an Italian dish and a favorite around the world. And no wonder, with breaded, pan-fried chicken, covered with a tomato sauce then smothered with cheese, what’s not to like? It’s become quite the comfort food for many, and is a favorite with kids too.
This recipe is a quick and easy version without losing the flavor and textures that Chicken Parmesan is known for, which makes this dish a great option for weeknight meals or for entertaining a larger group too. With a little prep ahead, this Chicken Parmesan can be made in under 30 minutes and devoured much quicker than that.
Prepping ahead is easy:
- Chicken can be trimmed and pounded thin, then kept covered and refrigerated until ready to cook.
- Sauce can be put together, then refrigerated, covered until ready to rewarm.
- All cheeses can be grated or shredded ahead of time and kept refrigerated until ready to prepare.
With everything prepped all that’s left to do when ready to cook is to set up your dredging and frying stations:
- Two shallow dishes for coating chicken: one for beaten egg, another for the flour/parmesan
- A clean plate for the dredged chicken to patiently wait until ready to fry.
- Pan with oil for frying.
- Plate lined with paper towels to place chicken once fried.
- Meanwhile, the sauce can be warming, and the grated and shredded cheeses can wait chilling in the fridge until final assembly before serving.
It’s really much easier than it seems. Give this easy Chicken Parmesan recipe a try and see what I mean. The hardest thing about this recipe will be trying not to cook it every single day!
More easy weeknight meals you’ll enjoy:
Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- optional- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a small sauce pan bring crushed tomatoes to a simmer, add oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm on low.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch-thick. Pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large shallow dish. Separately, mix together the flour and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Have another clean plate ready for dredged chicken.
- Coat chicken in beaten egg and then dredge it in the flour/cheese mixture. Shake off any excess and set coated chicken pieces aside on clean plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. After the oil is hot, add the chicken. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Cook in batches if needed. Place fried chicken on paper towel lined plate as you go; keep covered.
- To serve, top the cooked chicken with the warm tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and garnish with parsley.
Recipe adapted from Food and Wine.