Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread is the perfect sweet touch to a tailgating menu or any gathering of friends. It’s quick and easy to put together and the ingredients are basic enough to keep on hand for last minute entertaining.
Years ago a good friend of mine told me all about this super easy Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread. She said she served it at a tailgating event and watched it be devoured right before her eyes. So we tried and she was right. This easy spread is sneaky good. I mean really good. And it could not be simpler to make. Seriously, it’s so easy. It’s sort of like cheating. Okay, so it is totally cheating. A little bit of sweet cheating, plus a little bit of simple food prep cheating makes one great addition to your next party or gathering. Everything in moderation, right?
How easy is it, you ask? Three ingredients, plus about three minutes is all it takes (if that long) to put this sweetened up cream cheese spread together. Of course you’ll need more time to cut up the apples or pears or whatever you want to serve it with. Maybe just a spoon perhaps? I jest. Or do I?
Ingredients for Easy Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread
- Cream Cheese
- Caramel Sauce
- Toffee Bits
- Sliced Apples or Sliced Pears or Pretzels (or all of them!)
How to Make Easy Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread
- Begin with some cream cheese. Place a block of cream cheese on a platter.
- Next, drizzle the top of the cream cheese with caramel sauce. Homemade caramel sauce or store bought will do just fine. You do you.
- Then sprinkle all of it with a generous amount of toffee bits.
- Serve with sliced apples, pears or pretzels. (Here’s a handy tip for keeping sliced apples or pears fresh until ready to serve: Slice them thin, then toss with a little bit of fresh lemon or lime juice, store in airtight container or zip-top plastic bag and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.)
See what I mean? That is about as simple as it gets. But don’t let the simpleness of this Easy Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread fool you. It’s sneaky satisfying. You’ll see. I promise.
The simplicity of this Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread makes it quite perfect for tailgating. Of course you don’t have to be in a parking lot to enjoy it. Serve this cream cheese spread inside of your home for your next get-together and watch everyone cheer, even if there isn’t a football game on! The ingredients are basic enough to keep on hand for last minute entertaining, so be sure to stock up during your next trip to grocery store.
P.S. Again, you can certainly use store-bought caramel sauce, but if you have some extra time, this Salted Caramel Sauce recipe is my favorite and such a great addition for so many other treats or maybe warm beverages, like hot chocolate or coffee!
More simple treats perfect for entertaining:
Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread Recipe
Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread
This easy party spread is super satisfying and so easy to make and perfect for any fall entertaining.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (or more) caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup (or more) toffee bits
- sliced apples, pears, pretzels for serving (at least 4-5 apples)*
- Place cream cheese on a serving dish. If you'd like, shape into a round and indent in the center to hold more caramel. Pour as much caramel sauce as you want evenly over cream cheese. Sprinkle with a generous helping of toffee bits.
- Serve with sliced apples, pears, or pretzels.
* Keep sliced apples or pears fresh until ready to serve by tossing the slices with a little bit of fresh lemon or lime juice. Then store in an airtight container or zip-top plastic bag and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. The fresh juice keeps them from turning brown and adds a bit of flavor too.
I made this and because we love caramel, I poked holes in the cream cheese with a bamboo skewer and it made it even more decadent…thank you delicious!
I have a recipe similar to this but it doesn’t have toffee bits. This looks so delicous–I can’t wait to try it!!
It was Great!
Tried it for thanksgiving 2017 i would love to share a photo.
Can I whip the cream cheese with the caramel so i can place it in a bowl?
Sure, you could try that.
The recipe melted my heart, I will cook it today, too attractive
good job . thanks for sharing
wow. This cake is beautiful. I will make one for her to give her birthday.
It will definitely be enjoyed.
Thanks for sharing
I made this and because we love caramel, I poked holes in the cream cheese with a bamboo skewer and it made it even more decadent…thank you delicious…