Cucumber Dill Greek Yogurt Salad Recipe
This light Cucumber Dill Greek Yogurt Salad recipe will surprise you at how easy it is. It’s super tasty too!
A local sandwich shop serves a cucumber dill salad that I just crave. I always feel like I’m choosing a healthy side when I order it. It is mostly cucumber after all. In an attempt to recreate it at home, I gave them a call to see what the creamy base was made out of it, hopeful that it was something healthy. The sweet lady told me that it was cole slaw dressing. Mayonnaise. Durn. Not that I don’t like mayonnaise. I do. I like it very much. But bathing suits don’t like it very much.
Instead of caving to the mayo, I used my typical cole slaw dressing ingredients, substituting 0% fat plain greek yogurt for the mayonnaise to create a lightened up version of this crunchy favorite. I was delighted to this Cucumber Dill Greek Yogurt Salad mighty tasty! Crunchy, refreshing, and light … what’s not to love?
As I mentioned, this cucumber salad is easy peasy. Begin by peeling the cucumbers. Then cut them in half and use a spoon to remove the seeds. The seeds water the salad down quite a bit. Finally, slice the cucumber halves. Next, mix up the simple dressing. Whisk together the yogurt, dried dill, vinegar, sugar, salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Add the cucumber slices and toss to coat. That’s it!
This Cucumber Dill Greek Yogurt Salad will be a new summer go-to for cookouts and picnics around here for sure. And I’m thinking it will be perfect for a cool afternoon snack too. Try this one soon!
More easy and delicious cucumber recipes you will enjoy:
- Cucumber and Chickpea Salad
- Wasabi Cucumber Sesame Salad
- Onion Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Cucumber Boats with Easy Greek Yogurt Dip Recipe
Cucumber Dill Greek Yogurt Salad
A light and refreshing side dish made with cucumber, dill, and greek yogurt.
- 4 large cucumbers (about 2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoon plain greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (substitute red or white wine vinegar if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Peel, half, seed, and slice cucumbers.
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, dill, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add cucumber to bowl and toss with yogurt/dill mixture until combined well.
- Additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.