Cinnamon Honey Buttercream Frosting Recipe
This Cinnamon Honey Buttercream Frosting Recipe is the perfect compliment to any cake, especially spiced cakes like, Carrot Cake, Gingerbread or Sweet Potato Cake.
Imagine Cinnamon Honey Butter in frosting form. Yes! That is this! You can whip up this delicious Cinnamon Honey Buttercream Frosting Recipe in no time to finish off your special cakes or cookies with hints of cinnamon buttery goodness.
A few weeks ago I had the privilege of attending the Southern Baking Retreat in Nashville, hosted by White Lily and Martha White. One of the days we were there we were partnered up and given he challenge to create a baked good to compliment a country song out of list of choices. My partner and I chose Blake Shelton’s song “Honey Bee.” A cute song that deserved a cute sweet treat, and boy, did we deliver. We decided on a cupcake with a base layer of chocolate combined with a layer of sweet potato cake, then topped with a Cinnamon Honey Buttercream and an itty bitty peanut butter bee. It was cuteness overload! While my teammate formed the perfect little bees with peanut butter bodies, melted chocolate stripes and almond wings, I whipped up a delectable Cinnamon Honey Buttercream until it was as light and fluffy as a cloud. Because, after all, a bee needs a soft place to sit. Not only was it cute, it was scrumptious! I wish I had a good picture of the finished product to share.
Once home, I recreated this Cinnamon Honey Buttercream Frosting Recipe for use with our favorite spiced cakes, like Carrot Cake and Sweet Potato Cake. It’s a terrific pairing for them or any other baked treats that include warm spices like cinnamon and ginger. It will definitely be making a regular appearance during the holidays for those special occasion cakes.
- 12 ounces, weight (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt*
- 2½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- Beat butter a few minutes on high until fluffy, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Beat in cinnamon and salt until smooth.
- Add confectioners’ sugar a little at at time, stopping to scrape bowl down as needed.
- Stream in honey, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Once all ingredients are incorporated, beat on high speed for 1-2 minutes until fluffy.