Chocolate Spiders Recipe
These super easy Chocolate Spiders are the cutest sweet treats you’ll make this Halloween.
Who said spiders are creepy? These silly Chocolate Spiders are anything but creepy. They’re crunchy and sweet, and oh so easy to make. With only 3 ingredients needed and about 30 minutes you’ll have a whole nest of chocolate spiders to share with your little monsters. Seriously easy! And seriously fun!
I don’t like scary movies. I’m not into creepy Halloween stuff. Even that creepy lizard monster, Randal “Randy” Boggs, in Monster’s Inc. kind of freaked me out. So when it comes to this time of the year, let’s keep it on the silly side instead of the scary side, okay? Okay. These silly Chocolate Spiders, or Chocolate Creatures, or whatever you’d like to call them are definitely non-threatening crunchy treats.
These chocolatey treats are made just like the butterscotch Haystacks that are also great for this time of the year. And just as easy. Melt chocolate chips, fold chow mein noodles into melted chocolate, drop the chocolate creatures into little mounds on wax paper-lined baking sheets, add 2 eyes (or more!) to each leggy mound and let chocolate firm up. That’s it!
Make a batch for the school party or to share with the neighbors. They’d be a fun “You’ve been Boo’ed!” treat to package up in a cellophane bag tied up with a ribbon. Perfect!
Have fun if you’re out and about this Halloween, y’all. Keep it silly and safe! xoxo
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 ounces (weight) chow mein noodles
- candy eyes
- Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions. Gently fold in chow mein noodles. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out about 1-2 tablespoons at a time and place on lined baking sheets.
- Place 2 candy eyes on each chocolate spider.
- Allow to chocolate to firm up.
- Store in airtight containers until ready to serve.