Almond Joy Pie
Almond Joy Pie is a splurge-worthy treat that’s good for sharing.
Essentially, this is a candy bar baked in a pie crust, with butter. Over-the-top-decadent is putting it mildly. A sliver will satisfy. Perhaps even a bite or two. Sliced almonds, shredded coconut, and chocolate chips all mingle together to make this Almond Joy Pie a true joyous time for the taste buds. Oh what a joy it is!
Top with ice cream, or not, and more chocolate, or not, and a sprinkle of toasted coconut, or, ya know, not. It really is enough on it’s own, but if you’re in the mood to live on the dangerously decadent side, do it.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt until well blended.
- Stir in coconut, almonds and chocolate chips until combined.
- Add in flour and stir until just combined.
- Pour into unbaked 9-inch pie crust, and bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.