No doubt a handful of these Chocolate Chip Cookies is mighty tasty. Indeed. But today, not only did I have to order up a big helping of self control on my part, but I had to fend off the most precious (and sneaky) children in the whole wide world to save these babies for this chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I’m participating in a new segment on Culinary Snapshot called “Through My Lens,” where bloggers cook and photograph the same recipe then compare notes. It should be neat to see how we all approach things differently and hopefully I’ll learn a thing or two.
The chips survived another day to mix it up with these partners… butter, brown sugar, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, baking soda and flour…
to produce this good stuff…
I so wanted to grab that spoon, pretend I was at the fair walking around with a big turkey leg and call it a day… but no! Don’t do that! I just heard about a woman who got really sick (she may have even died) from eating raw cookie dough – don’t do it. Don’t.
So here’s the deal … mix all that up, pop it on a baking sheet in a 350° oven for 9-12 minutes and out comes some yummy, good old fashioned, can’t beat it with a stick, Chocolate Chip Cookies.
(Man, I need a new cooling rack…)
And this Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe makes cookies that are good for dunkin’ for sure!
- 1½ cups butter
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1¼ cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 24 oz. bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in one half of the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoons, about 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet, preferably lined with parchment paper.
- Place several of the reserved chocolate chips on top of each cookie (optional).
- Bake 9-12 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet, cool on wire rack.