This Peppermint Fudge Recipe is super quick and easy and oh so perfect for sharing during the holidays.
The knock at the door was unexpected. On the other side I was greeted by a smiling face spreading holiday cheer in sugar form: Homemade Fudge. With a quick hug and a joyful “Merry Christmas!,” my friend was on her way. What a bright spot in my day! And what a fabulous treat to enjoy!
Sharing homemade treats is always a nice way to perk someone’s day up, and a good excuse to plan a day or two of baking. If you’re making edible gifts this year, this Peppermint Fudge would make a wonderful treat to include. Who doesn’t like the chocolate and peppermint combination? Plus, the recipe is as easy as it gets. Really!
Happy cooking, y’all!
- 8 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate
- optional: ½ cup finely crushed peppermints
- Prepare 8x8 inch square baking pan by lining with parchment, wax paper, or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate and ¾ cup of the sweetened condensed milk in heat safe bowl, and heat to melt chocolate according to package directions. (Microwave method works perfect!) Stir until combined well and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and peppermint extracts until smooth, and spread evenly in baking pan.
- Repeat melting process with white chocolate, by heating white chocolate, along with remaining sweetened condensed milk, in medium heat safe bowl according to package directions (Microwave if you can!). Stir until chocolate is completely melted, and combined with condensed milk. Spread evenly over semi-sweet chocolate layer.
- Optional: Sprinkle crushed peppermint evenly over top.
- Lightly cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until fudge is set. Use pan liner to lift fudge out of pan onto cutting board.
- Cut into 36 pieces.