Lemon Pie Ice Cream Recipe
A delicious Lemon Pie Ice Cream Recipe that is easy to make right at home.
I enjoy all kinds of ice cream. It’s always hard for me to choose a favorite, but this Lemon Pie Ice Cream? Oh my! It’s certainly at the top of the list. With a vanilla, graham cracker base and swirls of perky lemon curd, what’s not to like?
Plus, this ice cream recipe couldn’t be easier. It’s as easy as pie! (Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.) While I do love a good custard base ice cream, this one is a cream/milk base only. It’s easy to mix up in no time. The only hard thing about this recipe is waiting while the base chills enough to churn. Do make sure you allow the ice cream base to fully chill, at least for three hours (the longer is better) to allow the flavors to mingle. Once churned layer the lemon curd with the ice cream and chill until firm (if you can wait that long).
Scoop up a bowl of the Lemon Pie Ice Cream, top it with crushed graham crackers, and grab a spoon. It’s just like sunshine in a bowl!
More delicious ice cream recipes:
- Butterfinger Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Vanilla Berry Swirl Ice Cream Recipe
- Homemade Peach Ice Cream Recipe
Happy churning, y’all!
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean (optional, but if not using, add 2 more teaspoons of good vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 graham cracker, pulverized (totally. smash 'em up.)
- 10 ounces lemon curd (or lime curd)
- In a saucepan, heat 1 cup of heavy cream, sugar, and salt. If using vanilla bean, cut it in half and scrape seeds into mixture along with the vanilla bean pod. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let it "steep" for about 15 minutes. Remove vanilla bean pod.
- Add 1 cup heavy cream, 1 cup milk, vanilla extract, and crushed graham cracker.
- Refrigerate mixture until thoroughly cooled, at least 3 hours, but the longer the better.
- Add chilled mixture to ice cream maker and churn according to directions.
- Once churned, layer the lemon curd and ice cream in a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze until firm.
Originally posted July 7, 2013. Updated April 7, 2015.