Fresh honey is such a treat to have on hand to add to tea, yogurt, and delicious recipes like this Honey Mustard Salad Dressing.
I remember a couple of years ago as we harvested our first batch of honey, or shall I say Randy harvested it while I watched and planned on how to use the harvest. That first year of beekeeping was productive. It was like striking precious gold right in our backyard! Since that first year, the honey yield hasn’t been quite as good. I’ve kept one bottle from that first year hidden away likes it’s a treasure. Pure honey really is a treasure. Nothing else quite compares to what flavor honey adds to a recipe.
Honey is the perfect ingredient to keep stocked for creating sauces, dressings, and marinades as it pairs so well with many other ingredients, and flavor profiles. This very basic Honey Mustard Salad Dressing is my new go-to for a quick zesty salad companion. It’s light (about 40 calories/tablespoon), and since it’s made with only three simple ingredients, it sure is easy to whip up.
Toss this dressing with your favorite salad green and top with grilled chicken for a healthy and satisfying meal.
The dressing is on the spicy, zesty side, so not much is needed to add flavor. Adjust to your personal taste as needed. A little goes a long way so there’s no need to drown your salad with this one. Enjoy!
Have honey on hand? Here are even more honey recipe you will enjoy:
- Citrus Tea Biscuits and a Berry Honey Shortcake
- Honey Lemon Balm Spritzer Recipe
- Honey Lime Mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard (I used Grey Poupon.)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Whisk together (or shake like crazy in a tightly closed jar) honey, dijon mustard and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss salad greens with desired amount of dressing, add salad toppings, and roasted or grilled chicken.
Originally posted January 10, 2013. Updated July 7, 2015.