We harvested (or shall I say Randy harvested, while I watched and benefited from the harvest) our first batches of honey this past year. It’s been such a treat to have fresh honey on hand at all times to add to tea, yogurt, and recipes like this Honey Mustard Salad Dressing. Nothing compares to what honey can add to a recipe.
Honey is the perfect ingredient to keep stocked for creating sauces, dressings, and marinades as it pairs so well with many other ingredients, and flavor profiles. This very basic Honey Mustard Dressing will be my new go-to for a quick zesty salad companion. It’s light (about 40 calories/tablespoon), and with 3 simple ingredients, it sure is easy to whip up.
Toss with your favorite salad greens, toppings, and grilled chicken for a healthy and satisfying meal.
The dressing is on the spicy, zesty side, so not much is needed to add flavor. No need to drown salad with this one, y’all. Enjoy!
- 6 tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard (I used Grey Poupon.)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Whisk together (or shake like crazy in a tightly closed jar) honey, dijon mustard and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss salad greens with desired amount of dressing, add salad toppings, and roasted or grilled chicken.