These decadent Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles are so easy to make and the perfect sweet bite for any special occasion.
During the holidays I always love pulling out the family cookbook to search for goodies to share at parties and whatnot. Usually I’m looking for the recipes I’ve enjoyed over the years, but every now and then I’ll try something new. Like these Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles.Simple? Certainly.
Tasty? Uh, huh.
A basic combination of cream cheese, powdered sugar, melted chocolate, and vanilla are made into balls, then rolled in chopped toasted pecans and other coatings. I also used coconut and cocoa powder. By far my favorite coating is the toasted pecans. Aren’t slightly salty, toasted pecans just wonderful? It’s hard to beat their flavor.
These chocolatey truffles can be made days ahead (if they last that long) and refrigerated tightly covered. Don’t forget, since they’re made of cream cheese, they’ll need to be refrigerated until served.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 ounces bittersweet dark chocolate, melted (I used 70% cacao)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- toasted pecans, chopped (or other nuts)
- flaked coconut (try it toasted)
- cocoa powder
- Using a mixer, slowly add powdered sugar to cream cheese mixing well after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Chill several hours.
- Shape into 1" balls.
- Roll in coatings.
- Chill, covered until ready to serve.