If you like pecan pie, and you like chocolate, for the love of all that is good, try this pie.
Take some pretty basic ingredients…
Mix em all together…
Find an empty pie shell you may have lying around…
Fill it with the good stuff…
Bake it up…
You’ve got some pretty darn good pie, if I do say so myself.
Going to eat more pie.
And then hit the treadmill.
(A big shout out to Jennifer Perillo from In Jennie’s Kitchen for the baking instructions. It worked perfectly!)
By the way, here’s an excellent video I found for crimping pie crust 3 different ways.
- 1 – 9 inch deep-dish prepared pie crust, do not pre-bake/blind bake
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1¼ cup pecan, chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, corn syrup, butter, light brown sugar, bourbon, flour and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the chopped pecans and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake pie on the bottom rack at 425°F for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes reduce heat to 350°F and bake for another 45 minutes.
- Let pie cool for at least 1 hour.