Blueberry Coconut Smoothie

Blueberry Coconut SmoothiePin It

I like to be a contrarian. When it’s cold outside, I make smoothies. You may find me during the heat of summer sipping cocoa. Maybe. I can. It’s allowed ya know? Whether you’re a rebel or not, even when it’s cold outside, a smoothie can hit the spot as a quick breakfast for on the go, a light lunch, or for an afternoon snack. And if you’re in need of lightening your intake up a bit, while this is a sweet treat, it sure is a healthier choice than a a bowl of ice cream, and it’s so colorful. It makes me happy!

We enjoy experimenting with different combinations of fruits, nuts and juices. I’ve settled on a few favorites, especially this one, a Blueberry Coconut Smoothie. Would it be bad thing if I admitted that I’ve had one every day for the past week? Okay, maybe two weeks, but who’s counting?

Yeah, you could say I kinda like it. I think you will too.

Blueberry Coconut Smoothie

Since this recipes calls for frozen fruit, you’ll have to keep working with the blender, stirring, and blending until smooth. I like mine thick. For a thinner consistency, add more liquid, a little at a time, until it’s to your liking. And of course, as with any recipe—especially smoothies—try adding other fruits or spices to make it uniquely yours. Cinnamon would be fabulous!

Happy smoothie making!

Enjoy!

I sure would like to hear any smoothie combinations that you’ve discovered. I’m a smoothie making machine y’all.

Blueberry Coconut Smoothie

Serves: Makes 24 ounces (2 small, or 1 mega smoothie)
  • 4 ounces vanilla yogurt
  • 2 cups frozen blueberries
  • ½ cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
  • ½ cup juice (pomegranate, acai or cranberry)
  • ½ cup lowfat milk
  1. In a blender pitcher, blend all ingredients together until smooth.
Note: Since this recipes calls for frozen fruit, you'll have to keep working with the blender, stirring and reprocessing until smooth. I like mine thick, for a thinner consistency, add more liquid a little at a time until it's like you like it.

Comments

I’ve been a smoothie making machine too….it’s been my breakfast of choice the last few months. Love to sip and drive! :)

Blueberries make the prettiest smoothies don’t they? I love that you added coconut in this, I never have done that! Will try!

Absolutely delicious! My fav smoothie lately has been a green monster. Usually it consists of spinach, a banana and almond milk. Yummy!

Love the photo, it looks delicious. I always use plain yogurt, mixed frozen berries, mixed frozen tropical fruit, orange juice and a little bit vanilla extract to make smoothies. Have never tried to add coconut into my smoothies, next time I will give it try. Again photo looks awesome!

I love the flavor combo on this. I have blueberries in the freezer from last season. I go back and forth with what smoothies I like and I welcome this idea of paring the with coconut.

Such gorgeous color! The flavor combination sounds amazing. I think smoothies are good any time of the year. I will definitely have to give this one a try!

Funny, I am the same way. I love icy drinks in the winter & steamy i the summer. Granted I drink a few of each every day! Love the shake!

monica says

Yummy! I make protein smoothies all winter long for my high school swimmer son. It’s a grueling 3-1/2 month long season with 8 practices and 1 or 2 meets a week. Unless he eats a lot of really good food, he gets so rundown and depleted. I put fresh spinach in all the smoothies I make for him. If I add blueberries (shhh, don’t rat me out), he cant tell because the blue color of the berries hides the green color of the spinach. The spinach doesn’t change the flavor as far as I can tell. I use full-fat plain yogurt, coconut milk, whey protein, tons of (usually frozen) berries, a banana, and fresh spinach. It’s thick just the way you like your smoothies, too.
    BTW: I’ve never used frozen spinach.

Carolyn says

Yum! I love my smoothies thick too. I put my smoothie in a bowl and top it with granola and warmed up honey (so the honey doesn’t congeal before I can mix it in).

Love the color of your smoothie and the addition of coconut. My kids love smoothies and we make all kinds. I usually include banana which adds creaminess (frozen sliced bananas make the smoothie nice and cold). Sometimes we make mango, papaya, and pineapple smoothies, strawberry banana smoothies, mixed berry smoothies. I was just about to make one with kiwi, pineapple and oranges.

Your pictures are freakin’ GORGEOUS, Amy!!! I mean, they always are, but it’s HARD to get a pretty picture of a drink…and these are STUNNING!!! Blueberry growers need to pay you to use them in their ads.

Hello!!!

I love using Blueberries, Strawberries and Raspberries(heavy on the raspberries-all frozen) with just water(less calories). Blend them until smooth, then add vanilla protein powder and raw almonds. The Almonds add a great texture!

Cookin Cowgirl says

This is delicious! I think the color is gorgeous as well! My favor smoothie is still my homemade peanut butter, chocolate and strawberry smoothie! Not as healthy but delicious!
    cowgirlscancook.weebly.com

Rosco says

Picked up the ingredients after reading this and made it when I got home from a work out. It was just what I needed, filling and fresh. The coconut wasn’t super overpowering so I wonder what coconut milk in the mix would taste like.
    Thanks for the recipe!

allison says

i made this smoothie last night and LOVED it. i used plain coconut milk yogurt, and unsweetened vanilla coconut milk to enhance the flavor. i also used Naked brand blueberry pomegranate juice. so so delicious!

This looks sooo yummy! Love the deep purple color…definitely have to try it :) I love to make a delicious green smoothie with a few handfuls of kale or spinach, 5-7 frozen strawberries, half apple, banana, just a bit of orange juice (maybe 1/4 cup) and 2 tbsp vanilla greek yogurt. It ends up being a gorgeous bright green and healthy and delicious! Even my kids love it and I feel great giving it to them. My vitamix blends it up within seconds so it’s quick and easy!!

This looks amazing! I am going to try it, as right now I mostly do veggie smoothies and I’d love to switch it up. I drink a daily green smoothie that I love: kale, cuke, apple, lemon, celery all blended together. So good!!

This is our new favorite smoothie and this a.m. we put a handful of spinach in while blending.

Mr didn’t even know it was in there.

Hello Barb,

So good to hear that! It’s my favorite too. I’m still trying to create some other combinations that I like as much, but no luck yet.