You’re in for a treat. Instead of telling you all about how yummy this muffin recipe is, my husband, who I love so much, wrote a song about these muffins that he loves so much (he loves me too, very much). Never a dull moment around here folks.
For your entertaining pleasure, my husband, Randy…
Hope you enjoyed the little ditty. In our home we break out in song at the drop of a hat, but these muffins were definitely song worthy.
Start with some butter and chocolate…
Then add some of these…pistachios are so satisfying, certainly a flavor that can’t be duplicated.
And cranberries add a little zing to these muffins.
Mix it all up with some eggs, flour, sugar and a splash of vanilla and you’ve got yourself some muffins that’ll make you sing. Or at least hum a little.
Make ‘em and you can see for yourself. And maybe you’ll sing a little too.
This recipe came way through my friend, Ansley, from her mom who I’ve never met but I love like a mom too for this fabulous muffin recipe. Thank you Ansley’s mom. The muffins were originally called Traveling Muffins but since they inspired song they’ve been renamed. (Another reason I renamed them is because, as a traveling muffin, they wouldn’t last long in my car.) The original also called for raisins (instead of cranberries) and pecans (instead of pistachios).
Enjoy! What’s your favorite food that makes you sing?
A simple cranberry, chocolate, and pistachio muffin.
- 2 sticks of butter
- 3 squares (3 0z.) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup cranberries (washed and dried)
- 1 3/4 cup shelled dry roasted, salted pistachios
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease muffin tin or use paper liners.
- In a small saucepan over low heat melt butter and chocolate.
- Add cranberries and pistachios. Let cool. Did you hear that? Let it cool man.
- Mix together flour, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Do NOT beat; just mix until combined. Over mixing ain’t good – it makes for one tough muffin.
- Fill prepared muffin tin with batter. For jumbo muffins, use ~1/3 cup batter per muffin.
- Bake 30-35 minutes for jumbo muffins (adjust time depending on muffin size) or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.