White and Black Bean Salad
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This White and Black Bean Salad Recipe with Tomatoes, Basil and Garlic is an easy and healthy side dish that is not to be missed.
When it comes to tasty and simple side dishes, this White and Black Bean Salad is a real winner. Hearty beans are tossed with a bit of olive oil and vinegar, along with tomatoes, fresh basil and garlic this salad will have everyone asking for the recipe.
This recipe is so quick and easy. It takes all of 10 minutes to prepare. When made with Bush’s Beans Reduced Sodium beans this side dish is a healthy option without missing out on flavor, plus beans are packed with fiber and some protein too! That’s what I call a super side dish. I really do enjoy a bean salads. I made a batch earlier this week and just about ate the whole thing for lunch. It was so satisfying as a meal all on it’s own!
This healthy side dish can be made a day or two ahead, then refrigerated and left for the flavors to mingle until ready to serve. Speaking of serving, planning a cookout or picnic? This bean salad would be an excellent side dish to add to the menu plans.
How to make White and Black Bean Salad
Whisk together oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), salt, pepper, and garlic. Then add the drained beans, tomatoes and basil to a large mixing bowl. Pour oil/vinegar/garlic mixture over top and toss to coat. So easy! Be sure to refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
A few other bean salad recipes and side dishes that you will enjoy:
- Black-eye Pea Salad Recipe
- Southwestern Black Bean Pasta Salad Recipe
- Cucumber and Chickpea Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe
White and Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Bush’s Reduced Sodium Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Bush’s Reduced Sodium Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half or quarters
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Whisk together oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Add drained beans, tomatoes and basil to a large mixing bowl. Pour oil/vinegar/garlic mixture over top; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
This post was originally sponsored by Bush’s Beans. I have an ongoing partnership with Bush’s Beans. As always, all opinions are my own.