Roast Beef Panini Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Roast Beef Panini recipe has become one of our favorite sandwiches to make for lunch or dinner.
I’ve always thought the word “sandwich” is such a blasé kind of thing. Not appetizing for me in the least bit. But change “sandwich” to “panini” and it’s like magic happens.
This Roast Beef Panini is a great example of that kind of magic. A simple roast beef sandwich turns into a drool-worthy meal right before your eyes, when brushed with oil and pressed with a panini grill, or stove top grill pan. So simple, for such satisfying
sandwich panini. Change up the cheese if you’d like to your preference. Or maybe add some roasted mushrooms! Once you make it a time or two you’ll see how you can customize this panini to your liking.
Make sure to try this recipe soon. I think you’ll really like it!
Roast Beef Panini Recipe
Roast Beef Panini
An easy panini made with roast beef, cheese, tomatoes and onion.
- 8 slices hearty bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- optional: au jus, or horseradish sauce for dipping (McCormick makes an Au Jus Gravy Mix for when you're in a hurry.)
- Lightly brush 1 side of each slice of bread with oil. Place bread, oiled side down, on a clean work surface. Spread each slice (opposite of oiled side) with 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise, top 4 of the bread slice with roast beef, cheese, tomatoes and red onion. Close sandwich with second slice of bread, oiled side up.
- Place 2 sandwiches at a time on the preheated panini maker. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until bread is crisp and dark golden brown. Cut each sandwich in half.
- Optional: Serve with au jus or horseradish sauce for dipping.
A McCormick recipe.
(I have worked with McCormick on non-blog related projects. This is not a sponsored post. As always, all opinions are my own.)
My brother would freak over this panini! Roast beef is his favorite. I must make this when here visits!
Scrumptious!! I agree there is something about the word panini…magical!
Mmm!!! I’m really craving one of these right about now!!! Yum!!!
Now this is a panini I can definitely get on board with!
You think Panini and I think Grilled Cheese…something about that warmed meltiness that transforms a sandwich into a thing of beauty…craving one bad!
what kind of bread did you use? looks amazing
It was a 7-grain from a local grocery store bakery department. It’s always a favorite for us for toast too!
Seriously now, best looking roast beef sandwich ever. That bread looks pretty darn amazing too.
Great-looking sandwich, Amy!! 🙂
I am a big fan of creating my own panini at home. This is because I actually enjoy the process of putting my sandwiches together and cooking them. Best of all, there are lots of places to get inspiration from including cafes, sandwich shops, recipe books and websites. So thinking of what to make is not really a problem at all. Sometimes I simply buy a sandwich from a nearby store and then toast it when I get home. Then if it is one that I really enjoy, I add it to my list of favorites that I make myself.