Peanut Butter Cup Blondie Recipe
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Blondie Recipe is a nutty twist on the typical blondies. They’re quick and easy to make too! Randy is a big fan of these peanut butter treats so I thought I would let him share all about them. Take it away, Randy!
I’ve been waiting for a group of scientists to declare that eating peanut butter is the best thing you can do for your health, not in moderation, but in heavy doses. I would be eating it by the spoonful, for my health of course. And I would definitely be eating Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Blondies without guilt. It could happen.
Regardless, I do love this delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Blondie Recipe. They are like a big cake cookie and oh so delightfully peanut buttery. It’s rich with the perfect amount of sweetness. And how can it be wrong when chocolate peanut butter cups are involved?
Be prepared for a crowd to gather around in the kitchen when these are almost ready to come out of the oven. These blondies smell fantastic! And speaking of the oven, these peanut butter treats are best enjoyed straight out of the oven with a tall cold glass of milk. Of course, they’re not too bad once cool either. Not bad at all.
This blondie recipe is the perfect little sweet for taking along to a party or for tailgating. Just pack them right up and you’re good to go. They travel very well.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Blondie Recipe notes:
- If peanut allergies are a concern consider substituting almond butter in it’s place, and using mini Almond Joys instead of chocolate peanut butter cups.
- Line your baking sheet with baking parchment paper a little longer than the pan to make it easier to lift blondies or brownies out of the pan to cut. Works like a charm!
- Do not overmix. With all brownie or blondie recipes, I mix the batter by hand, which helps to avoid overmixing.
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Prepare a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray or lined with baking parchment.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, remove from heat and add peanut butter, and milk; stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract by hand. Gradually whisk in melted butter/peanut butter mixture until combined and smooth.
- Add flour mixture into peanut butter mixture, stir unti just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spread batter into prepared 9-inch square baking pan. Arrange mini peanut cups in 4 rows of 4.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 20 minutes, or until cake tester or wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Let pan cool before cutting. Cut into 16 even squares.