Mini Brie Bites
These Mini Brie Bites are an easy appetizer perfect for entertaining, and they’re made with only 3 ingredients.
I hesitated to share these Mini Brie Bites because they’re soooo simple. So easy it’s almost like cheating. It’s also soooo yummy and perfect for a quick last minute appetizer. And with all the parties and get-togethers coming up during the holidays, anything quick and easy is good by me.
I’ve seen some different variations this using puff pastry or other pastry dough in muffin pans which looks yum, but if you’re in a hurry, this is a good go to. Basically you use the pre-made fillo (phyllo) mini-shells, brie and your favorite preserve (these were made with apricot). Put a small piece of brie (about 1/2″cube) in the mini-shell, top it with the preserves, pop ’em in a 350° oven for 7 minutes and they’re done. That’s it. That’s all.
If you have any breezy appetizers or holiday foods to share, please do! (I’ll go get my notepad.)
- 1 package 15 mini fillo (phyllo) shells
- 4-6 oz. brie cheese (casing removed; to make removing the casing easier, put brie in freezer for a few minutes, it will also make it easier to cut the brie into cubes)
- jar of favorite preserves (apricot is shown, but any would do, you could also use apple butter or cranberry sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place mini shells on a baking sheet.
- Cut brie into ½? cubes and put one in each mini shell.
- Top each brie filled mini shell with a little of the preserve (almost ½ teaspoon).
- Bake in 350°F oven for 7 minutes or until brie has melted. Be careful to keep an eye on it so shells don’t burn.