Mini Brie Bites Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Mini Brie Bites are an easy appetizer perfect for entertaining, and they’re made with only 3 ingredients.
I hesitated to share these Mini Brie Bites because they’re soooo simple. So easy it’s almost like cheating. It’s also soooo yummy and perfect for a quick last minute appetizer. And with all the parties and get-togethers coming up during the holidays, anything quick and easy is good by me.
I’ve seen some different variations this using puff pastry or other pastry dough in muffin pans which looks yum, but if you’re in a hurry, this is a good go to. Basically you use the pre-made fillo (phyllo) mini-shells, brie and your favorite preserve (these were made with apricot). Put a small piece of brie (about 1/2″cube) in the mini-shell, top it with the preserves, pop ’em in a 350° oven for 7 minutes and they’re done. That’s it. That’s all.
If you have any breezy appetizers or holiday foods to share, please do! (I’ll go get my notepad.)
Mini Brie Bites Recipe
Mini Brie Bites
A super duper easy appetizer that doesn't disappoint in the flavor department.
- 1 package 15 mini fillo (phyllo) shells
- 4-6 oz. brie cheese (casing removed; to make removing the casing easier, put brie in freezer for a few minutes, it will also make it easier to cut the brie into cubes)
- jar of favorite preserves (apricot is shown, but any would do, you could also use apple butter or cranberry sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Place mini shells on a baking sheet.
- Cut brie into 1/2-inch cubes and put one in each mini shell.
- Top each brie filled mini shell with a little of the preserve (almost 1/2 teaspoon).
- Bake in 350-degrees F oven for 7 minutes or until brie has melted. Be careful to keep an eye on it so shells don’t burn.
I have made these with the brie and hot pepper jelly and topped with a few chopped nuts….the combinations are endless….Always a bit hit
These are delicious made with Alouette creamy brie spread and a lot easier!
Made this for a holiday party and use three different color jams. It was very pretty and absolutely delicious.
That does sound pretty, Donna. What a great idea!
Is there a reason to take the outside off of the Brie? If you bake a whole Brie, you dont take it off.
You can take it off or leave it. Your preference.
These seem really simple to make but I plan to serve these at three different parties I’m hosting this Christmas. Do you suppose I can make these ahead of time and freeze to just pull out and pop in the oven as needed?
Since they’re so quick to make, I’ve never prepared ahead of time and frozen, so I’m not sure.
I have the frozen phyllo shells. Do you bake yours from frozen or thawed?
I bake them from frozen.