Easy Cauliflower Curry Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
An easy and delectable Cauliflower Curry Recipe, made with cauliflower, carrots and peas.
Sometimes vegetarian dishes can get mundane. Often I get stuck in a rut, especially when preparing vegetables, and find myself cooking the same thing over and over. Enter this easy and oh so flavorful Cauliflower Curry Recipe.
A few weeks back we were dining at a local restaurant with family. This particular restaurant offers local, seasonal small plates for sharing. One dish we ordered (and subsequently devoured), was a spicy Cauliflower Curry. After a few bites I knew I had to go home and make a version, and soon. So I did. We have since made it a few times, because, not only is it a cinch to make, it is incredibly satisfying. AND, it’s vegetarian. Easy + Tasty + Vegetarian = Win! Win! Win! I like that kind of math, don’t you?
Just how easy is this Cauliflower Curry Recipe? Well, let’s see. Begin by heating some olive oil and butter in a large skillet. So far so good. Stir in the curry powder. Add in cauliflower, carrots and onion; stir to coat vegetables. Continue to cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes. It starts smell good right away! You’ll see.
After 10 minutes of cooking the vegetables, stir in coconut milk, diced tomatoes, some water and basil. Simmer and stir. It’s a thing: “simmer and stir.” That’s about as difficult as this recipe gets. Take a taste and add any salt and pepper to your preference. Finally, reduce the heat, add in the peas (unless they are not your thing), cover and continue to cook for another 20 minutes or until ready to eat.
Serve this Cauliflower Curry warm with rice and/or naan for a scrumptious vegetarian meal that you will find yourself making over and over and again. Just watch and see. Do let me know if you try it and how you like it.
Easy Cauliflower Curry Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons curry powder* (I used mild.)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 pound carrots sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 (13.6 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Heat a large skillet with tall sides over medium heat. Add oil and butter. When butter has melted stir in curry powder and garlic powder. Add cauliflower, carrots, and onion, stir to coat vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, diced tomatoes with liquid, water and basil. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in peas, cover and cook for another 20-25 minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve warm over rice and/or with naan.
* For this recipe I used a mild curry. If you like it spicier, or are using a spicy curry, please adjust accordingly.