Crispy Jalapeños Hash Brown Casserole
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy Crispy Jalapeños Hash Brown Casserole recipe, made with hash brown potatoes, creamy Monterey Jack Cheese, a bit of sour cream, bell pepper, onion and the new French’s® Crispy Jalapeños, is an excellent addition to brunch or as a side dish for any time of the day.
This post is sponsored by French’s. #HolidaywithFrenchs
The holidays season brings with it plenty of opportunities to fellowship with our favorite people and enjoy our favorite foods. A certain casserole topped with those crispy fried onions makes a welcome appearance each year. It always seems to disappear as quickly as it appears. Green Bean Casserole is a forever favorite for sure. Those crispy fried onions that top it off really kick up what is a fairly basic casserole to another notch. Yay for crispy fried onions!
But wait! There is something new to cheer about. Crispy Fried Onions have a new cousin, French’s® Crispy Jalapeños. A bit of crispy, plus a bit of spicy will add the perfect little crunchy kick to top off your favorite casseroles, baked potatoes, soups, chilis, dips, tacos, burgers or any other dish that could use a crunchy kick. Yay for crispy + spicy!
I was excited to try them with our favorite cheesy hashbrown casserole recipe, which is always so perfect for entertaining during the holidays. A few changes were made to our original favorite to create a spiced up version and oh, boy is it fabulous! Crispy Jalapeños Hash Brown Casserole is made with shredded hash brown potatoes, Monterey Jack Cheese, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, bell pepper, onion and the new French’s® Crispy Jalapeños. It is a delicious savory dish most excellent for any brunch menu or to accompany many entrees. Oh my, my, my!
Bits of crispy jalapeños combined with creamy cheese make a perfect pair that gets gobbled up in no time. I know it did in our home! This Crispy Jalapeños Hash Brown Casserole is not just for breakfast or brunch. It is absolutely fabulous as a side dish with steak. We’ve also enjoyed it topped with a fried egg over easy. Talk about something good!
The easy recipe below makes a large amount to serve about 12-16 people and can easily be prepared a day ahead of time, then baked before serving. This is such a perfect dish for potlucks! Since the ingredients for this casserole recipe can easily be kept stocked, you will be ready to go with a delicious dish for any last minute entertaining.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we have. Please let me know what you think about the new French’s® Crispy Jalapeños!
Crispy Jalapeños Hash Brown Casserole
- 40 ounces (weight) shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (about 5 ounces) French’s® Crispy Jalapeños, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of chicken soup (see soup substitution below)*
- optional garnish- thinly sliced red bell peppers and/or jalapeños, chopped fresh cilantro
- Butter or coat with cooking spray a 2-quart baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together hash brown potatoes, 1 cup of French’s® Crispy Jalapeños, shredded cheese, onion, cream of chicken soup, and sour cream until combined well. Spread evenly into prepared baking dish. Optional: garnish top with thinly sliced red pepper or jalapeño. Spread remaining 1 cup of French’s® Crispy Jalapeños over top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350-degrees F until hash browns are tender, about 45-50 minutes.**
This recipe can be prepared a day ahead then kept covered and refrigerated until ready to bake. Or go ahead and bake it, then cover, refrigerate and rewarm.
*Cream of chicken soup substitution: In a small sauce pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in 3 tablespoons flour; continue to cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in 2/3 cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, continuing to whisk until it slightly thickens. Simmer for 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally.
**Adjust cooking time as necessary to make sure hash browns are cooked until tender.
This post is sponsored by French’s As always, all opinions are my own.