Creamy Lemon Pepper Shrimp and Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes
We have a few go-to recipes that appear almost every week in our menu lineup. Shrimp and pasta is one of those. It’s come to be one of my daughter’s top requests. I usually toss a basil pesto or some combination of the same flavors together, but thought I’d take the opportunity to switch things up just a tad.
This was a quick and easy recipe. I used the Lemon Pepper Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, along with a pinch of red pepper flakes to make Creamy Lemon Pepper Shrimp Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes.
I made a basic cream sauce using canned diced tomatoes, fresh basil, red pepper flakes, and heavy cream. It reminded me a bit of a vodka sauce, minus the vodka. Totally a winner that I’m sure we’ll be revisiting again. And so very quick and simple too!
You’ll find the printable recipe below. Enjoy!
Creamy Lemon Pepper Shrimp and Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes Recipe
- 7 ounces farfalle pasta (or preferred pasta)
- 2 squares Lemon Pepper Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Melt Lemon Pepper Sauté Express® Sauté Starter in a sauté pan over medium until bubbling.
- Add shrimp and cook 1 minute each side. Remove and cover.
- Add diced tomatoes to pan and stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high, cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add pinch of red pepper flakes, basil and heavy cream. Whisk together or stir to combine well.
- Add cooked pasta and shrimp, toss altogether.
- Salt and pepper to taste.