Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
At a neighborhood holiday party a year or so ago, I enjoyed my fair share of Buffalo Chicken Dip. Quite addicting, for sure. I’d managed to banish it from my mind for over a year now, but decided to make some (ever so slightly lightened up) with our homemade Hot Sauce Recipe to try out before Super Bowl night. Ya know, to test and everything. I think taste testing is the least I can do before serving others. It’s the kind and thoughtful thing to do, right?
It certainly passed the taste test. And yes, it’s still as addicting as I remember, even slightly lightened up. Randy may have even spread it on a sandwich. He’s crazy like that.
Spicy and cheesy, and oh so super with celery, carrots, or crackers. Thank goodness the Super Bowl is only once a year. Although I can think of several occasions where this dip would be the perfect guest.
Here’s to a fun Super Bowl party, or a sitting around chatting with friends party, or I just like Buffalo Chicken Dip and I want to party party. Whatever you’re celebrating, enjoy!
- ½ cup Hot Sauce Recipe (or favorite hot wing sauce)
- 8 ounce, weight reduced fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup Light Buttermilk Ranch Dressing (or blue cheese dressing)
- ½ cup shredded Light Monterey Jack cheese (or white cheddar)
- 1 pound (about 2 cups) shredded or diced roasted chicken
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat, combine hot sauce and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine well. Heat over low until cheese melts. Transfer to serving dish, and serve with crackers, chips, celery, or carrots.
- This reheats well, so it may be prepared ahead. Cover and refrigerate until ready to reheat.
If using a slow cooker, let cream cheese soften first, then combine all ingredients well, and once warm serve.
To prepare in oven, in a large bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth. Transfer to oven-safe dish, if desired, top with ¼ cup additional shredded cheese, and bake at 350°F until warmed through, about 20-25 minutes.
Slightly adapted from Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe.