Almond Ale Lemon Spritzers
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Almond Ale Lemon Spritzers recipe surprised me.
Ever find a recipe that you want to try, but think “Um … not sure about this. Kinda sounds weird. I’ll let my husband try it out first.” This Almond Ale Lemon Spritzers recipe was like that, but boy, was I surprised. I totally didn’t expect a refreshing drink. I was expecting more of a cider-y ale or something, but it was much more like lemonade. Only better. One sip led to another, then another … And not to worry, a whole pitcher of this spritzer contains only 12 ounces of ale. Of course, you can easily substitute ginger ale for the ale for a non-alcoholic version.
Almond Ale Lemon Spritzers are definitely one for the ladies to try. I think they’d be perfect for a party or shower. Enjoy!
Almond Ale Lemon Spritzers Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups seltzer water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) pale ale/beer*
- Mix sugar and cilantro in 2-quart pitcher. Using the handle or end of a wooden spoon crush cilantro into sugar until bruised well.
- Add lemon juice, ice and extract; stir until most of the sugar is dissolved. (If making ahead, refrigerate covered, and finish next step just before serving.)
- Stir in seltzer and ale; mix well. Pour into beverage glasses. Serve immediately.
*For a nonalcoholic version, substitute spicy ginger ale for the ale/beer.
Recipe from McCormick.
(I have worked with McCormick on non-blog related projects. This is not a sponsored post. As always, all opinions are my own.)