This post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans.
If you’re looking for lunch or dinner ideas that don’t keep you chained to the stove, here’s a great one from Bush’s Beans, Easy Chicken and Black Bean Burritos. Filled with chicken, beans, salsa, and spices they took no time to put together, and disappeared just as quickly. The ingredients are basic and easy to keep stocked for the perfect last minute go-to meal. I don’t know about you, but I need a few of these kind of meals in my back pocket, especially with the busyness of the school year approaching.
You’ll find Easy Chicken and Black Bean Burritos simple to adapt too. I picked up a rotisserie chicken to use this time, and used a combination of shredded cheeses that I had on hand. Try using shredded pork, ground beef or turkey to switch things up, or maybe experiment with different beans and cheeses? This recipe would make a great one to use for a burrito bar, which would work well for families with picky eaters, or for a fun party spread.
Fill with your favorite burrito toppings, roll it up, serve alongside a simple salad and fresh fruit, and dinner is done!
- 1 (15 ounce) can BUSH’S® Black Beans, drained
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup salsa, mild or spicy
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ lime, juiced
- 4 (8-inch) tortillas
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- Combine beans, chicken, salsa, spices and lime juice in a medium saucepan or microwavable bowl. Cook on low heat or in the microwave until heated through.
- Spread about ½ cup of the bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each evenly with sour cream, cheese and green onion.
- Roll up burrito style and cut in half to serve.