Bailey’s Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie Recipe
Although this Bailey’s Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie Recipe is one I shared a while back, it is most certainly worth mentioning again. Yes it is. There are multiple reasons to make this recipe but anything with caramel and chocolate is a no brainer for me.
Seriously, if you’re planning a party, especially a ladies get-together (because you know the ladies like the caramel with the chocolate), this pie would be a great addition to the menu plan. It’s a crowd pleaser for sure, and would be fantastic served at a dessert and coffee social.
I would recommend doing a recipe test-run through first so you can taste test it. I think taste testing first is always a good idea. It’s really the nice thing to do, don’t ya think? 😉
This Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie could not be easier. The preparation is quick. This pie can be prepared in a short 15 minutes. After a little melting of chocolate and whipping of cream, basically you’re done! Then refrigerate the pie for a few hours until set. It is an excellent dessert recipe for making ahead a day or two. Actually, I think this pie is even better the longer it can sit and mingle. The caramel and chocolate need time to get to know each other.
A few Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie recipe notes:
- If you can’t find Bailey’s with a hint of Caramel, easily substitute another Bailey’s flavor or another cream liqueur of your choice. I think a chocolate mint combination would be out of this world!
- The recipe calls for a chocolate cookie pie crust, but any pre-baked cracker crust will work well for this pie. A simple graham cracker would be oh so tasty. Or a pretzel crust?!? Oh my …
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 fluid ounces (4 tablespoons) Baileys® with a hint of Caramel (Substitute other Baileys flavors to create different versions.
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust (or other pre-baked pie crust)
- Coarse salt for sprinkling
- Optional for garnishing: shaved chocolate, caramel sauce for drizzling
- Melt chocolate chips according to package directions, and set aside.
- Whip cream and sugar together until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add Baileys with a hint of Caramel.
- Gently mix in melted chocolate.
- Evenly pour mixture into pie crust and top with a sprinkling of coarse salt.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, or until set.