Although this Bailey’s Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie Recipe is one I shared a while back, it is most certainly worth mentioning again. Yes it is. There are multiple reasons to make this recipe but anything with caramel and chocolate is a no brainer for me.
Seriously, if you’re planning a party, especially a ladies get-together (because you know the ladies like the caramel with the chocolate), this pie would be a great addition to the menu plan. It’s a crowd pleaser for sure, and would be fantastic served at a dessert and coffee social.
I would recommend doing a recipe test-run through first so you can taste test it. I think taste testing first is always a good idea. It’s really the nice thing to do, don’t ya think?
This Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie could not be easier. The preparation is quick. This pie can be prepared in a short 15 minutes. After a little melting of chocolate and whipping of cream, basically you’re done! Then refrigerate the pie for a few hours until set. It is an excellent dessert recipe for making ahead a day or two. Actually, I think this pie is even better the longer it can sit and mingle. The caramel and chocolate need time to get to know each other.
A few Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie recipe notes:
- If you can’t find Bailey’s with a hint of Caramel, easily substitute another Bailey’s flavor or another cream liqueur of your choice. I think a chocolate mint combination would be out of this world!
- The recipe calls for a chocolate cookie pie crust, but any pre-baked cracker crust will work well for this pie. A simple graham cracker would be oh so tasty. Or a pretzel crust?!? Oh my …
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 fluid ounces (4 tablespoons) Baileys® with a hint of Caramel (Substitute other Baileys flavors to create different versions.
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust (or other pre-baked pie crust)
- Coarse salt for sprinkling
- Optional for garnishing: shaved chocolate, caramel sauce for drizzling
- Melt chocolate chips according to package directions, and set aside.
- Whip cream and sugar together until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add Baileys with a hint of Caramel.
- Gently mix in melted chocolate.
- Evenly pour mixture into pie crust and top with a sprinkling of coarse salt.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, or until set.