We have a few go-to recipes that appear almost every week in our menu lineup. Shrimp and pasta is one of those. It’s come to be one of my daughter’s top requests. I usually toss a basil pesto or some combination of the same flavors together, but thought I’d take the opportunity to switch things up just a tad for this week’s Weeknight Wins Blogger Challenge: “A New Twist on an Old Favorite.”
• If you missed last week’s introduction to The Weeknight Wins Blogger Challenge from Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, here’s the lowdown:
During the month of April, along with four other food bloggers, I will be participating in the Weeknight Wins Blogger Challenge and will be sharing my creations right here with you. This challenge should give us all some great meal options to turn to during those hurried weeknights.
• Along with the recipes I’ll be sharing here, you can follow the challenge on Pinterest and pin your favorite recipes from the challenge. It’ll be a pinning party of sorts! Check it out over at the Weeknight Wins Pinterest Board.
• PLUS each week there will be a prize to enter. Be sure to check out the details for that below.
For my answer to this week’s challenge, “A New Twist on an Old Favorite,” I used the Lemon Pepper Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, along with a pinch of red pepper flakes to make Creamy Lemon Pepper Shrimp Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes.
I made a basic cream sauce using canned diced tomatoes, fresh basil, red pepper flakes, and heavy cream. It reminded me a bit of a vodka sauce, minus the vodka. Totally a winner that I’m sure we’ll be revisiting again. And so very quick and simple too!
You’ll find the printable recipe below, but first, the sweepstakes! Land O’Lakes will be providing a fantastic prize each week for the different challenges. Every week the prize will be a little different, so be sure to check back to see what it will be.
***This giveaway has ended.***
A winner has been selected. Thank you!
Now it’s time to share your idea for a New Twist on an Old Favorite for a chance to win the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter New Twist Prize Pack.
A winner has been selected. Thank you!
One winner will win the following prize package valued at approx. $150.
- Four coupons for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- Anthropologie Utensil Jar
- Anthropologie Dish Towel Set
- Le Creuset Cast Iron Skillet
Bonus: Tell me what you would make using Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for a new twist on an old favorite. Each week, Land O’Lakes will pick a favorite to be featured on Land O’Lakes Weeknight Wins Pinterest Board. *When you enter, Land O’Lakes may select your comment to feature for promotion, social media and/or other related marketing materials.
To enter, simply leave a comment below answering one of the following questions:
What is your idea for a new twist on a go-to recipe?
What would you make with Sauté Express® Sauté Starter?
Enter the Weeknight Wins by Sauté Express® Sauté Starter Sweepstakes
Open to legal U.S. residents 18 years and older. No purchase necessary to enter or win. One entry per person (that includes email address & IP address) per day. Required information is first & last name and valid email address. Entries obtained by mechanical or spamming mechanisms will be disqualified. One winner will be chosen at random from all of the qualified entries submitted. Sweepstakes ends on Friday, April 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. Winner will be contacted via email supplied in the entry & will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. Approximate retail value of prize: $150. Sweepstakes is sponsored by Land O’Lakes. She Wears Many Hats and the sponsor reserve the right to cancel the sweepstakes at any time. Contact She Wears Many Hats for winner list or with any questions. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final. All federal, state, and local laws apply; void where prohibited.
And don’t forget to check out the Weeknight Wins Pinterest Board to see other great ideas for cooking with Sauté Express® Sauté Starter.
- 7 ounces farfalle pasta (or preferred pasta)
- 2 squares Lemon Pepper Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- pinch red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Melt Lemon Pepper Sauté Express® Sauté Starter in a sauté pan over medium until bubbling.
- Add shrimp and cook 1 minute each side. Remove and cover.
- Add diced tomatoes to pan and stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high, cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add pinch of red pepper flakes, basil and heavy cream. Whisk together or stir to combine well.
- Add cooked pasta and shrimp, toss altogether.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Disclosure: I’ve partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Sauté Express® Sauté Starter. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes. All opinions are my own.