We have a few go-to recipes that appear almost every week in our menu lineup. Shrimp and pasta is one of those. It’s come to be one of my daughter’s top requests. I usually toss a basil pesto or some combination of the same flavors together, but thought I’d take the opportunity to switch things up just a tad.
This was a quick and easy recipe. I used the Lemon Pepper Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, along with a pinch of red pepper flakes to make Creamy Lemon Pepper Shrimp Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes.
I made a basic cream sauce using canned diced tomatoes, fresh basil, red pepper flakes, and heavy cream. It reminded me a bit of a vodka sauce, minus the vodka. Totally a winner that I’m sure we’ll be revisiting again. And so very quick and simple too!
You’ll find the printable recipe below. Enjoy!
- 7 ounces farfalle pasta (or preferred pasta)
- 2 squares Lemon Pepper Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- pinch red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Melt Lemon Pepper Sauté Express® Sauté Starter in a sauté pan over medium until bubbling.
- Add shrimp and cook 1 minute each side. Remove and cover.
- Add diced tomatoes to pan and stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high, cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add pinch of red pepper flakes, basil and heavy cream. Whisk together or stir to combine well.
- Add cooked pasta and shrimp, toss altogether.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Disclosure: I’ve partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Sauté Express® Sauté Starter. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes. All opinions are my own.