Flavored Water

Flavored Water

This is almost too easy to post. But then again, simple Flavored Water are so easy, and quite refreshing, I hate not to share it with ya.

Last weekend I hosted a baby shower at our home and was looking for a simple beverage to offer in addition to the regular tea, coffee, and lemonade. Thankfully my good friend, Kristen from Dine and Dish suggested refreshing flavored water. It was a hit, and, like I said, it couldn’t be easier.

Add to a pitcher of water just a few slices each of lemon, lime, or other citrus (I added clementine), and, here’s what makes it a little different, cucumber slices. The cucumber adds that bit of freshness. Keep adding water to the pitcher when it gets low, and you’ll get several flavored pitchers will little effort involved. The cucumber and citrus will last a few days, so you could keep it in your fridge, and keep replenishing the water over and over again.

Flavored Water

No more excuses to not be drinking your daily allotment of water huh? And personally, this beats any of those flavored waters on the market. I plan on keeping a pitcher of this in my fridge throughout the warm months. Try it and let me know what you think.

Way too easy not to try sometime soon.

Flavored Water

Prep time
Total time

Super easy and simple beverage for parties or everyday.
Serves: Makes about 12 servings.
  • 1 gallon fresh water
  • 3-4 slices of lemon
  • 3-4 slices of lime
  • 3-4 slices of other citrus (optional)
  • 3-4 slices of cucumber
  1. Add all citrus and cucumber slices to water. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Do you have any other light beverages to share? Please do!

Comments

Yum! This looks incredible. My hubby and I stopped drinking all soda and sweetened drinks a few years ago, but sometimes I want something other than just plain water. I’ll definitely be making this :)

I LOVE flavored water. You can feel like you’re in a fancy hotel right on your own porch : ) Just need some spa slippers. I love the flavor and underlying sweetness without the sugar, perfect for summer!

Kate says

Simply lovely! I am going to try this today. And I LOVE the shape of your pitcher. That sqaured bottom is so unique.

That looks absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to try it. I hate drinking water. It’s never been something I reach for, but this looks like something I would actually enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

Amy this sounds SOOOO delicious!! I’m a big water drinker any way, but I love to add a little flavor every now and then!!

we fill our water containers w/both citrus and cucumbers to carry with us throughout the day – much more tasty than plain water! uhm, GORGEOUS photos Amy!!

Its really not beverage per say but we add rose water to our drinking water specially so in summers and it takes drinking water to whole new level :-). Back in India we used to store water in earthen pots and I love that – water in earthen pots has a unique taste and flavor. Little things but makes great difference.

This sounds great. I’m one of those people who don’t consume too much water so such ways are great way to get me all interested :-)

Oh yum, love the addition of cucumbers. A favorite restaurant in New Hampshire does the citrus along with fresh herbs like lemon thyme.

That’s perfect…. did a bridal shower last weekend and used spring water in a decanter loaded with beautiful slices of oranges and limes…. now I’ll know to use cuc’s as well. Great idea and thank you for the nudge for summer.
    AmyRuth

I wish there were an easy way to make raspberry water and other flavors likes that – probably not as easily as can be done with sliceable citrus though. Love the idea regardless! :)

This might be wrong of me to mention, but if you make that combo and add lemon lime soda, ginger beer, and Pimms liqueur you’ve got a classic English summer drink? I say have a pitcher of flavored water followed by a pitcher of Pimms. Talk about a great way to spend the summer!

Just this week I had some flavored water with the orange slices and it was Soooooooo good! Surprisingly refreshing! Your photos are lovely!

This is completely worth posting—so easy to forget to do this. I’m always meaning to put a big pitcher of this in the middle of the table after school so it’s just there all day to drink from.

And that first picture is stunning.

That’s a super yummy recipe. I also like adding pineapple slices and strawberry slices, or strawberry and kiwi slices to our water. The kids love it and it saves us money since we don’t have to buy soda or drink mixes. lol just don’t forget to peal the kiwi 1st like I did; but we found that a small strainer works to keep out any fuz & we get more vitamins since the pealing holds lots of nutrition.

Last weekend I made a big pitcher of water for my hub and I and filled it with sliced cucumber and mint from the garden. We couldn’t stop drinking it! It definitely keeps things interesting! I’m going to slice up my citrus next time!

So refreshing! I adore flavored water. I’ve done this with just cucumber or just citrus, but I love the idea of mixing the two.

Lisa says

Yum! I love doing this – ensures that I get the water I need (and more!) to drink. Here are a couple of my favorites: watermelon/basil and strawberries/cucumber. Both are worth a try!

I came across this at the perfect time. I made up my mind to finally start drinking more water. The only problem is; I just don’t like it!

This will be perfect! I probably would of only used everything once and only made one pitcher because I didn’t know you could use this over and over.

I’m going to make a pitcher tomorrow and always keep some in the fridge.

Thanks for sharing!

I saw your blog on “TCB” and I had to come by… I’m so glad I did! LOVE your blog and your beautiful pictures! I will be a frequent visitor now, I’m sure. The drinks that were featured look amazing and I am definitely trying this particular one ASAP! :) Thanks so much!
    Also, I have a summer long linky party for picnicky type ideas and I’d love for you to link up your flavored water or cherry limeade (or anything else!)
    “Life’s a Picnic!” party!

Rose says

This looks soooo refreshing! Hubby made us some using the cucumbers and some fresh rosemary from our yard. I think the cucumbers and lemon would be good though. This is good but I think it would be better without the rosemary in it.