Mini Brie Bites

Mini Brie Bites

I hesitated to share these Mini Brie Bites because they’re soooo simple. So easy it’s almost like cheating. It’s also soooo yummy and perfect for a quick last minute appetizer. And with all the parties and get-togethers coming up during the holidays, anything quick and easy is good by me.

Mini Brie Bites

I’ve seen some different variations this using puff pastry or other pastry dough in muffin pans which looks yum, but if you’re in a hurry, this is a good go to. Basically you use the pre-made fillo (phyllo) mini-shells, brie and your favorite preserve (these were made with apricot). Put a small piece of brie (about 1/2″cube) in the mini-shell, top it with the preserves, pop ‘em in a 350° oven for 7 minutes and they’re done. That’s it. That’s all.

Mini Brie Bites

Enjoy!

If you have any breezy appetizers or holiday foods to share, please do! (I’ll go get my notepad.)

4.0 from 1 reviews
Mini Brie Bites

A super duper easy appetizer that doesn't disappoint in the flavor department.
  • 1 package 15 mini fillo (phyllo) shells
  • 4-6 oz. brie cheese (casing removed; to make removing the casing easier, put brie in freezer for a few minutes, it will also make it easier to cut the brie into cubes)
  • jar of favorite preserves (apricot is shown, but any would do, you could also use apple butter or cranberry sauce)
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Place mini shells on a baking sheet.
  3. Cut brie into ½? cubes and put one in each mini shell.
  4. Top each brie filled mini shell with a little of the preserve (almost ½ teaspoon).
  5. Bake in 350°F oven for 7 minutes or until brie has melted. Be careful to keep an eye on it so shells don’t burn.

Comments

Lizbeth says

I don’t even like cheese but I may have to try these. Looks crisp and yummy!!

May Chen says

I wander whether I can used wantan wrapper double layer for the shells.

Thanks

Brie is my favorite cheese and I love apricot jam….this is going on one of my snack platters pretty soon!!!

I do this! Only I use the Pillsbury crescent rolls. You just press together the seams and then cut into squares and press into a mini muffin tin.

They are a hit every time.

kim says

OMG YUM!! why haven’t i thought of this!! have already finished my christmas grocery shopping but making a special trip to the store just for these ingredients!! definitely having this as an appy on christmas day!! mouth is watering…………

keisha says

I make these but i use a pinch of brown sugar, honey and chopped pecans on tip of the brie…SUPER delish!!

Laveta Anastasia says

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Joellyn,

You could prep them ahead of time, refrigerate covered, and then pop them in the oven. That should work.

I’ve made these many times, I put the brie cubes and some chopped dried apricots into the food processor and chop them together using the pulse button. Scoop a spoonful into the cups top with jam and bake! Always a big hit!

Candace W. says

I made your recipe for Candied Almonds this morning. They were easy to make and delicious. The only problem is they all stuck together. Did you have this problem?

Hello Candace,

If they stick together, once cooled, break them apart. They may need to be broken apart after sitting for a time, since they are coated in the yummy gooey sweetness.

Candace W. says

I did break them and took them to a dinner party yesterday. I used cup cake liners and put bunch in each one for indiviual servings. They were a big hit!

I was wondering how long you heated the honey mixture on the stove. I thought maybe I cooked it too long.

Becks says

I have made these with the addition of a couple of white chocolate chips. Yumm!