This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
S’mores are a regular treat around here this time of the year. We try to keep a stash of graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows ready to go for impromptu get togethers. Taking the party outside around a bonfire works well, but the weather doesn’t always cooperate, does it? For those times, I decided to try an alternative and make s’mores in the oven. It certainly doesn’t measure up to sitting around a cozy bonfire, roasting marshmallows, watching sparks swirl from the flames. But it’s a close second, and pretty simple too.
Begin by laying out the graham crackers on a baking sheet. Leave them whole or break them in half for smaller serving sizes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the graham crackers, and place in oven for a few minutes to melt chocolate.
Using a spatula, spread the melted chocolate chips evenly across the graham crackers.
Top with mini marshmallows and broil in oven until they begin to brown.
Remove from oven, then cut or break into individual pieces. They’re best when warm, but I did make a batch for my kids for an after school snack and re-warmed them individually in the microwave for a few seconds. They were a hit around here. Ooey gooey goodness!
Simple S’mores Recipe
A simple indoor alternative to making s'mores using the oven.
- 18 whole (2 packs) graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 300-degrees F.
- Cover a baking sheet with a single layer of graham crackers.
- Spread chocolate chips over graham crackers and bake in 300-degrees F oven for about 3 minutes. Remove from oven, and using a spatula spread melted chocolate chips evenly over graham crackers.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Sprinkle top with marshmallows and broil in oven for about 1 minutes or until marshmallows begin to slightly brown. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
Forget the diet today! Oh boy!
How perfect! A great snack when you don’t have a campfire near by!
They looks scrumptious. Be right over….
Simple and totally yum–delicious hot schmoes! 😉
Looks so good!! Thanks for sharing a quick and easy recipe.
How clever, Amy! This looks awesome!
Why did I never think of that?!? You is smart, Amy!
This is genius! I am doing this! 🙂
Those look really good, I’m going to make them right now!! 😋