Pistachio Cupcakes Recipe
This tasty Pistachio Cupcakes recipe are super duper easy and perfect for any time of the year.
I cheated. I’m a cheaty McCheater. I used a box of cake mix and a box of pudding mix. There it is. It’s all out in the open. We can move along now in good conscience.
This is Pistachio Cupcake recipe is perfect for green holidays, pastel holidays, and whenever you’re feeling like a pistachio cupcake would hit the spot. Which around here might just be any day of the year.
Again, I used a boxed cake mix, and all required ingredients that it called for, as well the addition of a box of pistachio pudding mix. They baked up nicely as cupcakes.
For the frosting, hugs and kisses to Alice from Savory Sweet Life for the wonderful Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. I figured if anyone knows frosting, Alice does. She used to be a professional cake maker, ya know?
For the shavings on top, I melted some white chocolate chips, along with a bit of vegetable shortening, and spread it out thinly on a baking sheet to let harden a bit.
Using a spoon, I scraped curls and shavings as a topping for the cupcakes. Sprinkles or some festive candy would be just as cute. I was trying to cover up my lack of icing skills. Plus it was fun.
There you have it. A honestly good cupcake made by cheating.
- 1 box of white cake mix & all ingredients that it calls for
- 1 box of pistachio pudding mix
- 1 batch of Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (this one mentioned above from Savory Sweet Life is terrific!)
- 7 ounces weight white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening or vegetable oil
- Combine cake mix and it's ingredients as packaging instructs.
- Add in pudding mix and combine well.
- For cupcakes, fill cupcake liners about halfway full with batter.
- Bake as directed on cake mix packaging.
- Cool and decorate as you like.
- Melt chips according to package instructions.
- Stir in vegetable shortening/oil until combined well.
- Using a spatula, spread melted candy/chocolate thinly on a baking sheet.
- Let harden for a few minutes.
- Using a spoon, scrape across hardened candy/chocolate to create curls and shavings.