Care Package Ideas for College Students
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have a college student you’d like to surprise here is a list of care package ideas to brighten their day.
Well, our daughter is now happily settled in for her first year of college. It’s hard to believe. It hit me the day before yesterday when I was grocery shopping and instead of shopping for four, I was shopping for three. It was sad and weird. We couldn’t be more excited for her. She’s already begun to develop friendships and is fast friends will most of the other students on her floor. It’s such a relief for us, that’s for sure. But still … we miss her and worry about her and wonder if she has clean clothes or toothpaste. I’m still a mom, right?
With that said, I began trying to think of all the things that could be sent her way in a care package from time to time. I think it’s important for our students to get snail mail or packages. There’s something so fun about opening the mailbox and finding something unexpected, isn’t there? So I have started a list of ideas for care packages for college students and thought I’d share a few with you. Please share any other ideas you have too! I’m going to keep a running list.
College Student Care Package Ideas:
- Popcorn: Popcorn is a healthier snack and a must have for movie time on the weekends.
- Gum: You can never have enough gum.
- Favorite Movies: Favorite movies are comforting when you’re away from home.
- Lip Balm: Napoleon Dynamite isn’t the only one who struggles in this area.
- Nerf Basketball Hoop Set: A study break calls for some hoop time.
- Poo-Pouri: No explanation needed. All I’ll say is that it works.
- Assorted Teas: A collection of teas helps those long hours of study seem a bit more fancy.
- Slinky: A little Slinky time helps the brain think. At least that’s what I think.
- Note Cards: A stash of note cards help with those thank you notes and other messages for loved ones.
- Fun Writing Pens: Colorful pens encourage creativity and writing those notes home.
- U.S. Postage Stamps: Postage paid means more cards sent.
- Bananagrams: A fun, yet scholarly game. Sorta. All students need time to play.
Again, I’d love to hear about any other ideas you have for college student care packages too! Please share them in the comments below.
(Affiliate links may be present in this post.)