Arroz Con Leche Recipe
If you’re a rice pudding fan, this Arroz Con Leche recipe is one to try.
Rice puddings are popular around the world, and this Spanish version is easy. While the ingredients and preparation are straightforward, the results couldn’t be more satisfying. It really is a comfort food dessert in my book, especially when served still warm on a chilly night. The aromas of cinnamon and vanilla with a hint of lemon, all mingled with the rice and milk … so simple, but so perfect!
Arroz Con Leche can be enjoyed right away (once cooled a bit), or make ahead and serve well-chilled. This makes for an easy dessert to make ahead if you’re entertaining or hosting a dinner party. With a dusting of cinnamon and/or nutmeg it would be the perfect ending to the evening.
- ½ cup short grain rice, such as Arborio, pearl or Valencia
- 1½ cups water
- 1 McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cinnamon, Stick
- 1 quart (4 cups) milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- optional: ground cinnamon and/or nutmeg for garnish
- Place rice, water and cinnamon stick in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, bring milk, sugar and vanilla to simmer in large saucepan on medium heat. Stir in cooked rice and cinnamon stick. Cook 45 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy, stirring occasionally. Remove cinnamon stick. Stir in lemon peel. Pour rice pudding into large bowl. (Pudding will thicken as it cools.) Place plastic wrap directly on surface of rice pudding. Cool slightly.
- Serve slightly cooled, or refrigerate 3 hours or overnight until well chilled.
(I have worked with McCormick on non-blog related projects. This is not a sponsored post. As always, all opinions are my own.)