This Strawberry Tart had been hanging around in the back of my mind for a while, so a few weeks ago I thought I’d see if it would work. Plus with a little too much puff pastry in the freezer that has accumulated from the holidays, it was the perfect excuse to give it a go. The pastry was thawed, the edges turned up, and sliced strawberries were spread across the pastry.
Then it was brushed with a simple combination of balsamic vinegar and honey.
Honestly, it couldn’t have been easier.
Once baked, it didn’t make it to the table. My family ate it straight from the counter that night.
So good. So very easy. So we’ll be making it again, and again. You should try it too, and see for yourself.
- 1sheet of puff pastry, approximately 12x12" (I don't make puff pastry from scratch, so I used a Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet.)
- 16 ounces, weight strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lay puff pastry on parchment lined baking sheet. Turn up edges all the way around.
- Spread sliced strawberry evenly across puff pastry.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar and honey. Brush tops of of strawberries with mixture. You will probably have a little extra balsamic vinegar/honey leftover.
- Bake at 375°F for about 25 minutes* or until pastry is slightly browned.
- Serve while still warm. Top with favorite whipped topping.