Here’s a basic peanut butter cookie recipe I found recently while perusing my Aunt’s cookbook, Hospitality Southern Style. This cookie is so simple. So simple in fact that I decided to jazz it up not one, not two, but three different ways. It’s a peanut butter cookie extravaganza y’all!
Here we go! The first combo…
Peanut Butter & Nutella Cookies
“Lawsie mercy that tastes good!”
Cookie + Nutella + Cookie = “Lawsie mercy that tastes good!”
The cookies for these were made with about a 2 teaspoon dough ball, pressed with a flat bottomed glass, baked at 350° for 10-12 minutes (just until starting to brown).
Chocolate Chip Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
Just stuff several chocolate chips into the middle of a ball of cookie dough.
No, wait, it comes bearing cookies.
Make sure to seal it up real nice.
I used about 6 chocolate chips for an approximately 2 teaspoon dough ball. It wasn’t quite chocolaty enough, so stuff in as many chocolate chips as you can fit and still be able to cover up with the cookie dough.
Next, and certainly not least…
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich
Gotta say it, Lawsie mercy these taste good!
Basically make bigger cookies, then sandwich a scoop of your favorite ice cream between two cookies and gently press together. Eat right away or wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer.
For these peanut butter ice cream sandwiches I used about a 2 tablespoon ball of dough, pressed down with a flat bottomed glass for an even and crispy cookie. Then bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes (once again, just when beginning to brown).
Those were just a few ideas. I’m sure you have many more you can share. Please don’t hesitate to leave a link or mention your favorite cookie combos.
Do you have any fun cookie combos to share? Can’t wait to hear about them. Leave a link if you’d like!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup/8 0z. unsalted butter (cold)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Measure 3 cups of flour and sift. Measure 3 cups of flour again and sift with baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth, add sugars and combine well.
- Beat eggs and add to butter/sugar, mix until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mix to a stiff batter.
- Form into balls and place on a greased or parchment/silicon lined cookie sheet.
- Press with flat bottomed glass or with hand (or you could make that cute little fork, criss-cross thingy too).
- Bake in 350° until just starting to brown, anywhere from 9-13 minutes depending on cookie thickness and size.
- Dough also may be rolled, covered with parchment or wax paper, placed in refrigerator for a few hours and sliced to desired thickness. Dough may be frozen for later use as well.