Easy Ginger Lime Roasted Shrimp Recipe
This easy Ginger Lime Roasted Shrimp Recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meals, but elegant enough for a special occasion dinner too. We all know that Bubba Blue from Forrest Gump sure did like his shrimp …
Like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey’s uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That—that’s about it.
But he forgot about Ginger Lime Roasted Shrimp. This Ginger Lime Roasted Shrimp recipe is quick, light and easy. So very easy! It’s easy enough for a weeknight meal, yet elegant enough for any special occasion. It makes quite the perfect compliment for salad, pasta or rice, and could easily be served as an appetizer too. The ginger and lime flavors is bright and fresh without overtaking the shrimp. Shrimp should taste like shrimp. I think Bubba would agree.
- I used large (31-35 count) shrimp for this recipe. Different size/count shrimp could be used just fine, but be sure to adjust cook time accordingly.
- Fresh or frozen shrimp will work. Just make sure they are thawed out and dried off a bit before tossing with seasoning mixture.
- The first step of the recipe below can be made ahead by a day or so, and be ready to toss with thawed shrimp before cooking.
- This same recipe can be used with grilling or sautéing stove-top. If grilling, use a baking sheet or skillet just as you would for an oven, and carefully monitor temperature and cook time. If cooking stove-top, cook over medium heat, for about 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp are done.
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds large (31-35 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Whisk together all ingredients except for shrimp until combined.
- Toss shrimp in mixture until coated. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake at 400-degrees F for 4-6 minutes until shrimp are done. (Adjust cook time accordingly for different size shrimp.)