Pretty in Pink Party Marshmallows

Party Marshmallows

It’s a celebration! Today I’m excited to be part of a virtual baby shower for my good friend, Kristan from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. While the shower may be virtual, a real baby girl named Lucy is on her way. I know Kristan and her family are tickled pink while they prepare for little Lucy’s arrival.

If you don’t know Kristan, she’s one of the funniest ladies I know. I can always depend on her to provide a chuckle whenever I visit Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. Plus she’s a lover of all things sparkly and in vogue. Little Miss Lucy will be blessed with one fun fashionable mama.

While the other shower hosts made fabulous cupcakes (really, you should see them! links are below), I took a shortcut and made a tray of what I’m calling Pretty in Pink Party Marshmallows in about an hour. I was short on time and thought of the Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows from an earlier post that would be perfectly pretty in pink, and a super easy sweet treat that can be jazzed up using a combination of sprinkles, nonpareils, and/or royal icing. They really are a cute way to add a little pizzazz to a plain marshmallows.

Party MarshmallowsParty Marshmallows

You can get creative with decorating, or keep them simple with a dash of sprinkles. A sweet little royal icing “L” for Lucy was piped on a few.

Again, these are simple; just a little melting, dipping, sprinkling, and you’re done. These are a simple twist on the regular petits fours, and much less expensive. And they’re basic enough for the kids to take part in decorating them too. A marshmallow decorating party would be fine idea for a cold winter’s day when the kids can’t get outside to play. Maybe Lucy will decorate some of these with her mama and big brother one day. I hope so. I bet her’s will be all sparkly just like her mama.

Party Marshmallows

Congratulations Kristan and family! We couldn’t be more excited for y’all and can’t wait to meet Lucy!

For the full recipe and other details, see the original Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow post.

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to visit these other sites welcoming little Lucy to the world:

Cookies and Cups | Zebra Cake Cupcakes
Sweet Sugarbelle | Damask Cookies
Buns In My Oven | Maple Cupcakes with Maple Frosting
Dine and Dish | Neapolitan Cream Filled Cupcakes
Chocolate and Carrots | Whole Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes
Bake at 350 | Little Pumpkin Cupcakes
Living Locurto | Baby Shower Printables

And after all those sweet treats, you’ll need to balance it out with some savory bites. Check out these Top-Rated Appetizers from CookingLight.com.

Comments

Amy I don’t know what I’m more in love with……… your adorable marshmallows, or your photography!! all stunning!!

Perfect for Kristan and Lucy!!

These are so gorgeous, Amy! I love them! I’m going to need to remember this for the next baby shower I attend. :)

Amy…these are THE cutest!!! I love the mix of pink, chocolate and white…and the “L” monograms! They’re really, really darling in those little liners, too! You’re so smart!

I love how beautiful and simple these are!!

I can’t wait to have my sweet girl here to work on projects like this.

Thank you for being such a sweet friend, Amy :) I just adore you and truly cherish your friendship.

These are just GORGEOUS, oh my goodness. I practically want to throw a marshmallow decorating party for my fellow 20-something gal pals. She is one lucky lady :-)

Oh My Wordy Amy!
    I’ve just died and gone to PINK Marshmallow Heaven!
    These are the cutest ever! How EASY and how adorable and PINK!
    LOVE these to pieces!
    xo

I knew you were talented at creating chocolates (you did win the contest!) but my, my, my this is the smartest sweet ever. I’m dying over your photos too, just love this every which way. Thanks for creating it!

I agree with Amy’s comment. The marshmallows and your photography are both wonderful. I don’t know what it is about your site but it always brings me a sense of calm and drive at the same time. I think it’ the colors, they are soothing yet you always leave me feeling driven to try and do what you’ve done. Thanks for calmly driving me. lol

I love making marshmallows but dipping them in chocolate takes them to a new level! I imagine the chocolate coating locks in the freshness too. I’ll definitely try making these. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah says

These are so cute! And you can easily customize it for different holidays and events!

Wow these are just too cute. You all are so creative, I love jumping from one to the other to see what you’ve all created in honor of Kristans new arrival!

Janet says

We tried these today. They looked gorgeous, but no one liked the taste of the candy melts. I might suggest adding color to white chocolate instead of candy melts.

stephanie says

How on earth did I miss these way back then? They are stunning!! How long do they keep? They perfect for best friend’s shower next month.