Valentines Popcorn

Valentines Popcorn

Pin It

Rose are red,

Violets are blue,

Pink and purple popcorn,

Is perfect for you.

I have poet laureate in my future, I just know it. But until then, I shall make popcorn. I shall make popcorn in all different colors, and I shall like it.

I shall.

While I was making the Party Popcorn last week, I found some pink and purple candy melts, along with more sprinkles that I needed to use up, in the back of my baking drawer, and decided I would make some Valentines Popcorn to celebrate upcoming Valentine’s day. And what Valentine wouldn’t like some pink or purple, Barney-inspired popcorn? Exactly. Everyone needs a little pink and purple popcorn in their life once in a while. It’s true.

valentines popcorn

As I mentioned in the Party Popcorn post, this snack goes together with ease and makes the perfect treat for parties. So cute packaged and tied up with bow.

valentines popcorn

For the full recipe and technique, check out the Party Popcorn post. You’ll see how easy it really is and will be making your own festive popcorn in no time.

Check out these other treats perfect for Valentine’s Day. They’re some of my super talented friends. They always amaze me with their creations. I wish they were my neighbors and I’d be just casually dropping by to borrow random things all the time…

“So, I can’t find my 3/4″ drill bit…oooOooOooh…what’s that I smell? Cake? Cookies? Sure, I’d love to taste test that for you.”

That would be me all the time with these ladies. Check out their Valentine’s goodies. You’ll be amazed!

Confessions of a Cook Book Queen  ~ Valentines Twinkies on a Stick
Buns in My Oven ~ Hot Fudge and Strawberry Donut Pudding
Glorious Treats ~ Red Velvet Cupcakes
Cookies and Cups ~ Glass Topper Valentines Cookies
Bakingdom ~ Valentines Day Cookie Cakes
The Hungry Housewife ~ Valentines Jello Hearts
Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle ~ Valentines Dotty Cookies
Sprinkle Bakes ~ Red Velvet Cake Minis
Bake at 350 ~ Double-Decker, Stripey, Valentine Cookies
Two Peas and Their Pod ~ Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Scarletta Bakes ~ Mexican Chocolate Hearts

Happy Valentine’s Day! xoxoxo

Comments

This is so festive and perfect, and I LOVE it in the little bags!! Such a perfect Valentines Gift.

And you can write me poetry any day, sweet friend!!

You can totally come over and borrow a drill bit anytime! ;)
    Amy, you kind of have me obsessed with pretty popcorn. It’s all I want to eat. I’m raiding my pantry for candy melts later today.

Sweetsugarbelle says

I KNOW what I’m taking to the big V-day party!!! Easy-pleasey {my new word}

I bet this is one awesome sweet + salty combo! Love the colors, too. They would look great in Blue & Orange (Go Gators!) as well. ;)

Wow- I know one little 3 year old girl (my daughter) who would go crazy for pink and purple popcorn! So fun and at least there is a whole grain in there ;)

Sprinkles?!?! With popcorn??!?!!?? I am SO all over this!

I love how festive this snack is and I can’t wait to serve it to friends and family on V-day.

Happy Valentine’s Day!! :)

Cute idea! I had to pin it on the CraftBliss Sweet Valentine Bliss Board on Pinterest and link back to you. ~Dee

yep. i do believe that poet laureate is in your future . . . i know you can do anything you set your mind to Miss Amy . . . so clever . . . so witty . . . so poet-like . . . and can i just say that yes, please, i would indeed like this if you were to send me some for Valentine’s day . . .

SAS says

You know I love popcorn, Amy! Really like the pink. Love the idea of salty and sweet together. Reminds me of M&Ms and popcorn – great combo.

My little girl would love to have pink popcorn all year long! I am not sure what her older brothers would say, but for this kind of delicious treat, they would probably endure pink!

This recipe is a winner for me – it’s simple, delicious and can easily be mass produced for giving out to friends/family as a thoughtful gift. Great idea for a nice Valentine’s treat!

The popcorn looks gorgeous. So creative, I would love to do this for one of my daughter’s parties. She will be so thrilled. Lovely photographs. I love your blog!!!

meg says

How did I miss this great idea? I’m going to do this for every holiday and important event. Yum!

Dear Amy! This popcorn is so so so wonderful! I used this as an inspiration to create my own valentine-popcorn for this year. (Instead of Candy Melts I used chocolate, since Candy Melts are not that easy to get in Germany) I’m a big big fan of your blog and your recipes! Love, Anne