The summertime Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treat Challenge is upon us, and after much krispielicious experimentation, Team Asheville is ready to share our entry. We were excited when TheMotherhood.com announced the theme of this season’s challenge “favorite summer pastimes”, and knew cookouts were at the top of our list.
(We’d love a vote for our entry, just leave a comment below saying … “I VOTE for the kebabs!”)
For anyone who already voted over at Facebook, the voting rules have changed, but your votes over there will still be counted.
Summertime cookouts are something children and adults alike look forward to. Whether at the lake, in the neighborhood park, or in your own backyard, cookouts are a great time to bring loved-ones together to appreciate a good meal, warm sunny weather, and most importantly, each other.
These fun Fruity Rice Krispies Kebabs with fresh fruit flavors make original Rice Kripies Treats really snap, crackle, POP. We used powdered drink mix to create a strawberry and kiwi flavored treat. Then we threaded fruity Rice Krispies Treat cutouts and fresh fruit, onto wooden skewers, for a fun and healthy snack or dessert. These kebabs are a wonderful addition to any cookout; no cutlery required!
Fruity Rice Krispies Kebabs are a fantastic family-cooking project. Children of all ages will enjoy cutting out the Rice Krispies Treat shapes, pressing them into sprinkles, and lacing them into patterns on skewers. Way too easy! A fun way to serve the fruity kebabs is to make a watermelon bowl to stick the kebabs in, and then add more fruit. The watermelon made an easy and festive summertime centerpiece that took just minutes to prepare.
- 3 Tb. butter
- 4 cups (10 oz.) mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 flavored drink packet (choose your favorite fruit flavor)
- 2 Tb. colored sprinkles
- Fresh cut fruit and berries of choice
- Wooden Skewers
- Spray a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows over medium heat. Once melted add the drink powder and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the Rice Krispies. Stir until coated.
- Spoon the Rice Krispies mixture into the prepared pan. Press firmly with wax paper.
- Once cooled, use small cookie cutters to cut the Rice Krispies Treats into fun shapes.
- Pour the sprinkles on a small plate and press the top of each cutout into the sprinkles.
- Slide the treats onto skewers with fresh cut fruit and berries.
Friends, we need your help to WIN this challenge. You can view all four entries on TheMotherhood.com Rice Krispies Making Memories Circle, and VOTE FOR US by leaving a comment here as well as on my fellow team members posts (just click on their name below). saying …
“I VOTE for the kebabs!”
Thanks so much! Love ya bunches!
The winning team not only wins bragging rights, but a monetary prize. We would appreciate every vote we can get!
Thanks and Hugs,
For this and all other The Motherhood and Rice Krispies® Making Memories Challenges, I am being compensated for my participation.