Mini Baby Shower Cupcakes

Baby Shower Cupcakes for a special friend.Baby Shower Cupcakes

“B” is for Boy. A baby boy to be precise.

“B” is also for Baker, as in Amanda from {i am baker}.

Baby Shower Cupcakes

Amanda has one in the oven. And it’ll be done real soon, so some of her food blogging friends have gotten together to throw her a surprise virtual baby shower. Surprise Amanda!

If you don’t know Amanda, she’s as sweet as she comes, and bakes up some mighty fine treats over at {i am baker}. every week. What she can do with a cake is amazing. She also blogs at {i am mommy}. Be sure to stop by to tell her “hey!”

Baby Shower Cupcakes

These mini cupcakes topped by cute little flags with a variety of boy friendly B words are super easy peasy. I was in a hurry and didn’t want to be late to the party, so I used a cake mix for the cake and food coloring to color pre-made frosting. But next time I may try this Homemade Cake Mix recipe over at Amanda’s, the pregnant baker. And this Buttercream Frosting from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen is calling my name. Or maybe this recipe for Lime Cupcakes from an older post, substituting a basic buttercream for the coconut frosting?

Baby Shower Cupcakes

For the flags I printed out the text, cut flag shapes, and attached them to toothpicks with a little craft glue. I trimmed of one of the pointy ends of the toothpicks. They were simple to make, and could be used for many different themes. I think they’d be darling for the 4th of July with fun messages. But today they’re for a baby boy, and his mama.

Amanda, I wish this shower wasn’t virtual so we could all be there to rub you belly and tickle your toes. Happy baby delivering sweet friend!

And don’t miss out on the rest of the shower fun! Here’s the full link list of all the tasty dishes…

Drinks

My Kitchen Addiction – Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
She Wears Many Hats – “B” is for Boy – Itty Bitty Baby Cupcakes
Smith Bites – Strawberries with Brown Sugar Dip
What’s Cooking with Kids – Hamentashen cookies

Last But Not Least

Wenderly – Baby Cards

If you have any fun shower or party food ideas, please do share!

Comments

In total awe! She looks divine. I was just writing a comment on Sylvie’s at Gourmande in Kitchen that vanilla cupcakes with blue and pink frosting is what my creativity takes me to when it comes to baby showers. Yours look SO beautiful. I’m sure Amanda is super happy. She got great friends :-D

What?!?! This is BEYOND humbling and amazing and you are seriously making me cry all over the place!! You stinkers!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these cupcakes and am SO impressed with your skills!!! THANK YOU!

These are beautiful! The perfect way to honor a beautiful lady and her baby boy. Amanda is amazing and this party to honor her is so awesome.

Your cupcakes are delightful, love the little banners in each of them. Amanda is a wonderful lady who blesses her readers with her talent in every post. Today I’m glad that she is being blessed by the thoughtfulness of her wonderful friends.

Amy, your cupcakes came out just too CUTE!! I had no idea you possessed such mad skills…and now I’m a bit fearful of losing my cupcake job ;)

So proud to have you as a friend…I just love you and I know Amanda does too!!

“B” is also for you are the “Bomb” Miss Amy! These little mini cupcakes are the most darling thing I’ve seen in a long time!

absolutely too. stinkin’. cute. for. words. that, and i could probably down about 5 of these cuties in a span of about 10 minutes . . .

SO adorable, Amy! I love the little flags. I’ve had so much fun planning this surprise shower for Amanda, and I’m honored to be a part of this wonderful group of women.

seriously, how adorable are these cupcakes. and what a sweet, wonderful thing to do for Amanda (whom I did not know of until this shower so thank you for introducing me!!). I’m loving all the posts and I’m sure she is to.

Those are adorable! I love the different “B is for….” flags. What a great idea! and dont feel bad about using box cake mix and icing from a can, i think we all do it from time to time

You know I love your crafty work and your photography! We are expecting our first, we will find out if it is a boy or girl on April 26th. I am going to share this post with my wife…she would love it!

Congratulations Bobby!

No better reason for mini cupcakes I say. Look forward to hearing about the baby!

~ Amy

Very cute cupcakes and very neat idea (virtual baby shower)…now to go check out all of the links!

Gina says

This is adorable! and what a cute idea…what size pan did you use to make these so small? i just love them