Another Brie Recipe – Baked Brie

Baked Brie Recipe

Yep, this is the third brie recipe in the last few weeks. I promise this will be the last one for a while. Brie has been on the brain and in the fridge!

This Baked Brie is an elegant, yet not fussy appetizer  – although I could eat it for a main course and call it a day. It calls for only 3 ingredients and it’s done in no time.

My dear friend, Amy L., makes this for many of our family get-togethers. I’ve come to look forward to it as a regular treat along with her company. Watch Amy L. make this beautiful dish – you’ll see how easy it really is.

Here’s what you’ll need to get started…apricot preserves (or another favorite preserve; cranberry would be perfect for the holidays), 1 package of canned crescent roll dough and 4-6 oz. (in weight) of brie.

Baked Brie Recipe

Begin by preheating the oven according to the directions on the crescent roll dough (usually 350-375° F). Next, on a cookie sheet or baking stone, roll out the crescent dough to create one large piece, overlapping and gently crimping sections together where needed.

Baked Brie Recipe

Then spread a thin (or not so thin if you want to use more) layer of the preserves all over the dough.

Baked Brie Recipe

When finished spreading the preserves, place the brie in the middle of the dough. You don’t have to remove the casing, but if you’re like me, go for it. Or you could just remove the top of the casing.

Baked Brie Recipe

Carefully wrap the brie with the dough like a pretty package, delicately crimping the edges to keep in place.

Baked Brie Recipe

Baked Brie Recipe

Baked Brie Recipe

Oh, isn’t it lovely! And can you believe that it was that easy?!?

Baked Brie Recipe

When finished baking, transfer the baked brie with a spatula to a serving dish (or you could just eat it straight off of the baking sheet right there over the stove) and add your favorite fruits and/or crackers. Serve warm. Apples, grapes and pears are a great compliment.

Baked Brie

A simple appetizer that’s perfect for the holidays or any entertaining events.
  • 1 jar apricot preserves (or favorite preserve)
  • 1 can crescent roll dough
  • 4-6 ounces (in weight) brie cheese
  1. Preheat oven according to crescent roll directions. (usually 350-375°)
  2. On a baking sheet or baking stone, roll out the crescent dough to create one large piece, overlapping and gently crimping sections together where needed.
  3. Spread a thin (or not so thin if you want to use more) layer of the preserves all over the dough.
  4. Place the brie in the middle of the dough. (You don’t have to remove the casing, but if you’re like me, go for it. Or you could just remove the top of the casing.)
  5. Carefully wrap the brie with the dough delicately crimping the edges to keep in place.
  6. Bake in preheated oven according to crescent roll directions (about 15 minutes) or until crescent dough begins browning.
  7. When finished baking, transfer baked brie with a spatula to a serving dish.
  8. Serve warm with fruit and/or crackers.
Notes
Thanks to my friend Amy L. for sharing this recipe.

Yumjoy!

~ Thanks Amy L – you should be a hand model! ~

Comments

I love brie so much. This recipe remind me of living at home because my mom always made something similar! I really will have to make this soon. I’d say this wknd….but…then I’d end up eating it all. By myself.

cbp says

Love your brie recipes! I have a feeling She Wears Many Hats will be well represented this holiday season at all the finger food gatherings. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

Carolyn says

I was looking for pretty much this exact recipe! Thank you!!!!

BTW… love the Gail Pittman hand painted platter. :) Do you sale SL@H or just buy it?

Lovely, Amy! I’m sitting in a chilly Portland coffee shop wishing I were someplace cozy and noshing on that baked brie. Mmmm.

This is a wonderful recipe- so easy! I have only done it with nuts and brown sugar and the puff pastry but the jam is so pretty! Beautiful photo.

This looks lovely and so delicious! I’ve made similar with puff pastry, but have never added jam, which is brilliant.

Kelsey says

This looks lovely! My friend has a very similar recipe that uses brown sugar instead of preserves. That’s delicious, so I’m sure yours is as well!

Ok, stupid question…how do you eat it? Do you tear back the bread or do people cut off little pieces?

Hey Tara!

You cut off pieces. I failed to get a picture of that. As soon as it was “opened” I didn’t pick my camera back up. Of course, if it’s for one person you could just pick it up and eat it like a sandwich. ;-]

~ Amy J.

burgundy says

first off, this is beautiful! I made it with laughing cow light swiss because of the lower caloric content and cost. It’s certainly not as good as baked brie – but still hits the spot :). thanks for the recipe!

Nice manicure :-)

I love baked brie! It is even good without the dough – simply slice the round of brie in half through the middle (we like unflavored dental floss for this!). On the sticky part of the bottom half, throw on a touch of brown sugar, cinnamon, cranberries and nuts if you like them…Then put the top back on, like a sandwich. I have overcooked this before, so the cheese runs out and fills up the baking dish (oops!), but it still tastes fantastic!

Jenn says

I love baked brie! I do this a little differently though…with Orange Marmalade, dried cranberries, a little pumpkin pie spice, and crushed pistachios. it’s an awesome Fall treat. Looking for less sweet and more savory, try crushed rosemary, minced garlic, oregano, and sundried tomatoes. AMAZING.

Hey Trixie,

The outside casing, or rind, is actually mold. It’s totally edible. Some like it, some don’t. Personal preference.

Amy

Kim says

It says to serve warm. I want to make this to take to a party. Probably won’t be warm by the time I get there. Should I stick it back in the oven at their place, or is it good as is?

Thanks…looks delicious!

I made this last night for a house party and it was a BIG hit! People kept complimenting all the foods in my spread, especially this one. Needless to say, it was gone! Thanks a bunch :)

So glad to hear it, Katie!

That’s one of our favorites too! I have a round of brie waiting to be used. Perhaps tonight will be the night. ;)

Meredith says

Pretty good recipe. Tried it last night, and the instructions were really simple to follow. However, I don’t think I’ll be using a full crescent roll can next time. Some of the bread overlapped on the Brie and didn’t fully bake in the oven. Make sure you have someone to share it with as well! Lol

Ok,so embarrassing- I have been making baked Brie for YEARS and neve once thought to use crescent rolls?! Gosh, what kind of life have I been living?!

Normally I only make this for thanksgiving, obviously there’s a weekend exception coming :)

Rose says

I want to make this for a party with around 25 guests. How many of these would I have to make?

Probably two if you’re serving this as the only appetizer. Of course, more crackers, grapes, and fruit will help it serve more. I hope that helps!