Sherbet, especially lime sherbet, has always been one of my favorites. It reminds me of going to my Nana and Granddaddy’s. It’s a refreshing and sweet treat, perfect for summertime. They always had a freezer full of sherbet flavors, but I always went for the lime.
Lime is yum.
Of course you’ll need an ice cream maker. We own both an ice it down, add salt kinda churn, as well as a small, indoor, counter top version. For small batches the small, counter top version is perfect. Our Cuisinart Ice Cream/Yogurt/Sorbet Maker works like a charm.
Let’s get this party started. Zest and juice the lime(s).
What’s your favorite frozen dessert? Sorbet? Sherbet? Frozen yogurt? Ice cream? And what flavor can you not resist?
- 2 teaspoons lime zest (from about 2 limes)
- 1/2 cup lime juice (2-3 limes)
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Zest and juice the lime(s).
- Combine zest and juice with the half and half, and sugar.
- Pour it all into ice cream maker and freeze according to preferred ice cream maker directions.
- When frozen thick, serve right away or transfer to plastic container and place in freezer until ready to serve.