What it is? No. 13


I just realized it’s been a long time since we’ve played a round of What it is? Much, much too long. So here’s a new one to challenge your brain, with a fun giveaway just in time for summer.


But first, for those new to the game, here’s how it works: I show a photo of part of an object and you guess what it is in the comment section below. It’s a mind boggling concept I know. All entries/comments will be hidden until the contest ends, so don’t worry if your comment doesn’t show up. One random winner from all correct answers will be chosen (prize details below). One entry per person, please.


Let’s get to it. Ready?

Ready or not, here we go …



Think you know what it is? Then guess away! Leave a comment below with your guess.

What’s the prize you ask?


A Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream Maker!

 It’s cool. I use mine all the time to churn up quick batches of our favorite frozen treats. So easy to use.


Giveaway details: One entry per person, please. One winner will be chosen from all correct guesses. Contest begins today, Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 and will end next Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at Midnight PST. Open to U.S. residents only.
And again, all entries/comments will be hidden until contest ends.


This is not a sponsored giveaway. I just like playing games.

Sign Up for Email Updates

Subscribe here to have all updates delivered to your email.


  1. 7

    Martha Vaughan says

    I think it’s a honey “dipper” that goes in a honey pot. It only makes sense since that’s your new hobby.

  2. 15

    Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen says

    A honey dipper? Please tell me it’s a honey dipper. I have a very funny story about one 😉

  3. 16

    NanaBread (Jeanne) says

    Ooo… I love your “What Is It?” games! Here’s my guess – it’s a wooden honey dipper. Which would be a great lead in to “Hey, Amy… how are your bees doing?”

  4. 27

    carolina says

    looks like a wooden honey dipper to me! actually, is that what they’re even called? those wooden stick things people dip into honey pots that come out full and dripping with honey? seems like it’d be called a honey dipper, and i swear i’ve heard that before, but i could’ve been imagining things.

  5. 33

    Joni Hafner says

    The end of one of those little honey sticks you dip in honey
    and pull out loaded with yummie honey!

  6. 37

    Roxana GreenGirl { A little bit of everything} says

    I don’t know exactly how it’s called, but I think it might be the wooden “spoon”/dipper for honey.

  7. 42

    Kathleen Meeker says

    hmmmmm, something with grout in the middle. but doesnt look like tiles. a piece of pottery? got me stuck on this one!!!

  8. 50

    Julie says

    I don’t know the exact name, but I think it’s the end of the stick in a honey pot. It looks a little like a bee hive but it’s wooden & helps get the honey out of the jar/pot.

  9. 53

    Michelle in OK says

    Is it one of those honey dippers thingies? That was the first thing to pop in my head.

  10. 56

    Alexandra Schroeder says

    Wood honey dipper??? Hope I got it right and I win; I LOOOVVE frozen yogurt!!!

  11. 73

    Emily @ AVerySweetLife says

    it’s a honey spooner thingy! I don’t know the technical name

  12. 93

    Carolsue says

    I have no idea, and I hope you post the answer cause it’s driving me crazy! The first thing I thought of was a hamburger and couldn’t get that out of my mind! Some hamburger! Ha Ha.
    SInce I might as well make a guess, I will say a basket of some kind.

  13. 98

    Sallie Eisengrein says

    Is it a honey drizzler? Looks awfully familiar! Those blueberry honey biscuits were delicious!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *